Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First attempt at a torte

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First attempt at a torte

I have been to easy to be tempted into grabbing baked goods (donuts) from the store lately. So, I made a pact, if I want something sweet, I need to bake it. I was at the store today, and just wanted to grab a pack of donuts, instead, I came home and made my first flourless torte. This would be even better with a bit of smoke, this is going to be smoker dessert for sure.

Click image for larger version

Name:	chocolate torte.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	757770Click image for larger version

Name:	chocolate torte 2.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	757769

Looks pretty amazing to me!

Comment

Yum chocolate and a lite fruit smoke would be delicious
      Last edited by mountainsmoker; October 18, 2019, 04:06 PM.

Comment

• Richard Chrz
        Richard Chrz commented
        Editing a comment
        yeah, I have some cherry that I am going to use next time I make one.

I just saw a recipe for one of those in the new Milk Street magazine that arrived today. I turned the corner of that page down to remind me to give it a go.

What recipe did you use, Richard Chrz ?

Kathryn

Comment

• Richard Chrz
        Richard Chrz commented
        Editing a comment
        I used one from the Food network. Next time, I will use one that has you sperate the egg whites from the yolks, I think being able to really whip the whites by themselves may make a less "delicate" torte. and of course, maybe not. How do you like Milk Street magazine? I have been considering that.

• fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        I really enjoy getting Milk Street magazine, Richard Chrz ; although it's a typical Chris Kendall enterprise where you have to pay for everything separately. Being a subscriber does not entitle you to web site access, or at least it didn't the last time I checked.

Its focus is on ethnic dishes, and every single magazine has me in the kitchen trying something new to me. My husband loves seeing that magazine show up in the mailbox.

K.
        Last edited by fzxdoc; October 19, 2019, 06:32 AM.

....sigh....your breads are fantastic and now your hitting me with Chocolate....I'm not made of stone....

Comment

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hahahahaha. He does impress, doesn't he?! I'm keeping an eye on his posts because they don't disappoint.

• Richard Chrz
        Richard Chrz commented
        Editing a comment
        SmokinFool you are going to hate me tomorrow! I have 4 loaves of double ferment proofing, and 2 more qt's of Sourdough that I just need to figure out what to do with it. My day got much bigger then I expected. ooops..I am in total recline enjoying multiple cocktails. I hope you had a good day sir, and a good weekend! tbob4 oh, trust me, I have had my fair share of learning moments. Part of the fun as I see it. I get lucky a lot. No bad food ever here in the AR family.
        Last edited by Richard Chrz; October 18, 2019, 08:19 PM.

I hadn't had my coffee yet and misread you post as "first attempt at a torta". Now I'm craving menudo for breakfast.

Comment

Richard, please stop. You are making me gain weight just looking at your posts. Or call me and I'll just stop by your house!

Comment

I avoid baking sweets on purpose. I like them toooo much. But when I do I make a mean browned butter raspberry tart. Yours looks very good.

Comment

• Richard Chrz
            Richard Chrz commented
            Editing a comment
            sounds amazing, anything that starts off with "browned butter"... can't lose.

Looks great to me!

Comment

That looks great. But if you do it again, would that make it a re-torte?

Comment

• JimLinebarger
              JimLinebarger commented
              Editing a comment
              Well, you wouldn't call it a torte-igan because that is something you wear.

• ofelles
              ofelles commented
              Editing a comment
              when does it stop?😁

• JimLinebarger
              JimLinebarger commented
              Editing a comment
              Now. Unless...

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here