Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First no knead loaf - I’ll call it a win

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First no knead loaf - I’ll call it a win

Last time I baked bread was over a decade ago with a machine that was long since donated. I saw some of the fellow pit dwellers’ no-knead loaves, and decided to give it a shot. Turned out pretty good. Next time I’ll let it cook a little darker, but this had a great crunchy crust.

Edit: I had the far left and right flame bars lit on high, and the temp held nice and steady in the 400-425 range. I've used this grill long enough to feel pretty confident that it would bake well in this setup.

Click image for larger version  Name:	292DFC39-3051-4162-A3EF-C6355B47735B.jpeg Views:	18 Size:	3.04 MB ID:	757700
    Click image for larger version  Name:	785296B1-4FE1-4E6C-B6E2-ADE54D15E028.jpeg Views:	17 Size:	3.53 MB ID:	757702
    Click image for larger version  Name:	59216BF4-BE6E-401E-BE73-E2DBEDD8A00A.jpeg Views:	18 Size:	4.33 MB ID:	757701
    Click image for larger version  Name:	2FA84EDA-5CAD-461D-91EF-C1C7FA6D4D31.jpeg Views:	20 Size:	2.74 MB ID:	757699
    Last edited by radshop; October 18, 2019, 02:56 PM.

That looks like a winner to me.

Comment

No turning back after the looks of that.
      You just knead to keep on no kneading, and theres no knead for me to explain why, the result is proof.
      Good job Sir.

Comment

Congrats! Looks great! I still need to try this!

Comment

• radshop
          radshop commented
          Editing a comment
          Do you have a dutch oven, or do you need to borrow one?!?!?!

I'd call that a win as well! Great job! Love the fresh hot with butter!

Comment

There's a lot of good info here on AR of course and tons of recipes and videos, but this video from Artisan Bread with Steve is the no-brainer method I settled on. Worked great for me, so if you're a beginner I think it's a great way to start. He's got a ton of videos with variations on his method.

Comment

As long as the crumb was cooked well and not too moist and the crust was tasty and crunchy, I'd say you nailed it.

Comment

I'm planning on making some this weekend.

Comment

looks great to me!!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here