Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Had some change but needed real dough.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had some change but needed real dough.

Came across a simple bread recipe in the Saturday newspaper by a SA celebrity chef that I have never heard off.
    I sometimes feel left out or more appropriately left behind when I see what all you fantastic cooks are doing. I have been inspired lately by Richard Chrz and felt this recipe gave me a fighting chance.

This was my first ever attempt at baking bread. I do bake other things like muffins and biscuits.
    I was totally stoked with the results. The wife said it was a little sweet for her but good.
    It did have a sweet tang to it and the crust let you know by the texture there was sugar in the recipe. I will confess after the wife's comment I wasn't sure if I had put 1/2 cup sugar as required or a full cup. I had laid out all the measuring tools before starting and there was a 1/2 cup one present.

​​​

​​​

​

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190922_224536.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	746492​​

Three first pic's are no show to me..
    But that recipe looks interesting!

Comment

Name:	20190922_195343.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	197.9 KB
ID:	746502

Name:	20190922_195502.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	201.8 KB
ID:	746503Click image for larger version

Name:	20190922_201500.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	746504
      ? Elton's BBQ

Comment

• Thunder77
        Thunder77 commented
        Editing a comment
        Bee-you-tee-full!!

• Sam6687
        Sam6687 commented
        Editing a comment
        looks great!

• Elton's BBQ
        Elton's BBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        There it is! Thanks

You had me at bacon and cheese!

well the garlic too.

and the beer.

Comment

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        picture is there now.

I suck at baking. This almost looks simple enuf to try.

Comment

Dang that sounds and looks good. Now some good home made pastrami on it and your all set with a good home made mustard.

Comment

Aroma envy. I see how good it looks but man I wish I could smell it!

Comment

• HawkerXP
            HawkerXP commented
            Editing a comment
            Screw the smell I want a taste!

• Mudkat
            Mudkat commented
            Editing a comment
            Come to think of it. I was off by one. 😀

^^^^What he said

Comment

Congrats on your first bread. It looks really good. Ya need to make it again, but with half the sugar in the recipe to see if your wife likes it better.

Comment

http://whatscookinglove.com/2015/06/...on-beer-bread/

If you don't have self-rising flour, you can substitute all-purpose flour and add 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt for every cup of flour in the recipe.
              Last edited by gcdmd; September 23, 2019, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here