Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texas Toast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas Toast

I realize I'm about to ask something that isn't particularly complicated but here goes. Anyone willing to share how you make Texas toast? I was thinking about a thick cut bread like brioche or challah with butter and garlic. Griddle or grill?

Since I got my flat top that's how I do all bread I want to toast now. Before it was just in a cast iron pan. I go low heat on the griddle and cover with a foil pan and check it every few minutes. Texas Toast is a gift from heaven!

Comment

There are so many ways to make TT... Under a broiler; over a fire; in a hot pan, (or griddle). It doesn't matter as long as it comes out the way you want it. And if you have never used TT to cradle a burger, ya don't know what you are missing.

Comment

I like the flat top, or a griddle better than on the grill, but just about any way you heat it can work.

Comment

1. Thick-cut square sandwich bread. Or regular sandwich bread in a pinch.
          2. Butter both sides.
          3. Just before serving the meat, throw on grill and flip when browned.
          What you describe sounds more like garlic bread to me.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here