Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pan Cornbead To Muffins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pan Cornbead To Muffins

Whew, back in after being locked out due to my oversight.

I have a cornbread recipe I’ve been making for years. Never a problem when I baked it in a pan per the directions. I have an event coming where smaller more controllable servings are needed so mixed up up a batch, lightly oiled muffin pans, dropped in the batter, baked as usual and when the first batch came out, not nicely browned on top but nearly burned on the bottom. Okay, I put the oven rack in the top position and while there was a slight improvement still not what I was after.

Where do I go from here, mini muffin pans, decrease the temperature??? Scrap the idea and stick with pans?

They weren’t terrible, the kids and grandkids were over for the game last night, the scarfed them up along with the white chicken chili and then divided up the spoils. Did not even leave one behind to take a picture of.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Was there a difference in the materials of the pan and the muffin pan? How about the colors? A different material, (cast iron vs steel or aluminium), will cause them to bake differently. I preheat a cast iron skillet for cornbread. A pan like that will allow you to make individual pieces.

Comment

cornbread and a cast iron skillet were made for each other. Cheers!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here