Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Round of Applause For @Breadhead!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Round of Applause For @Breadhead!!

Now, Breadhead , I know you've received numerous thanks on various threads herein for your willingness to help AR members become breadheads in their own right, but I'd like to make a thread explicitly in your honor for the effort you've put into this. You've created quite the coven of AR bread bakers--aka bread fanatics--and we salute and thank you from the bottom of our hearts--and our stuffed tummies!--for that effort!

Sourdough forever! (lots of other breads, too! )

Applause from here, not just for the bread but for everything He helps with, thank you for all your efforts Breadhead!

Comment

Can you hear the Applause?

Comment

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Comment

Amen !! Could not have said better myself.

Comment

• scottranda
            scottranda commented
            Editing a comment
            Welcome back! It all started with your inquisitive self! How have you been?

• Steve Vojtek
            Steve Vojtek commented
            Editing a comment
            I have been really well thank You for asking - really busy but really well

Thank you Breadhead . You have inspired us in so many ways!

Comment

Kudos indeed.

Comment

Ditto what everyone has said. Breadhead is such a generous poster, available with good answers, help, encouragement and inspiration. A perfect Pit poster and an all round good guy.

Kathryn

Comment

Plus 1

Comment

Yeah, Thank you. For everything.

Comment

Yep! Made some KILLER brioche buns for steakburgers. Click image for larger version

Name:	0711161649a.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	137.3 KB
ID:	267820

Comment

• Breadhead
                      Breadhead commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Nice...👍

Breadhead, As a Former Smoker keep the Olde Dauber Up! 👍👍👍👍👍
                    Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• Breadhead
                      Breadhead commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I'm a former smoker too.👍

I add my respect and applause. What a great contributor!

Comment

Originally posted by Willy View Post
                      Now, Breadhead , I know you've received numerous thanks on various threads herein for your willingness to help AR members become breadheads in their own right, but I'd like to make a thread explicitly in your honor for the effort you've put into this. You've created quite the coven of AR bread bakers--aka bread fanatics--and we salute and thank you from the bottom of our hearts--and our stuffed tummies!--for that effort!

Sourdough forever! (lots of other breads, too! )
                      Oh my... thank you for your kind thoughts Willy 👍

The bread thread was actually started almost 2 years ago... because Steve Vojtek asked me to teach him how to make sourdough bread. I took a couple of weeks to put together a SIMPLE lesson plan of what I thought was the most surefire way to make a really nice loaf of sourdough bread on your very first try.

Steve was an excellent student. He diligently followed the lesson plan and bought the necessary equipment to make everything work out nicely. Steve actually blew my mind and made the Perfect Loaf of sourdough bread on his very first attempt! I personally didn't think that was possible because there is so many little things that can go wrong, especially when you have no experience.

Because Steve made everything look so easy... others got on board and said, I can do that. Now... we have many breadhead's on AR. They can all walk you through making a nice loaf of sourdough bread because it's a hobby that you willingly devote lots of time to studying the science and technique required to become an expert. Even though this is a BBQ website our bread thread survives only because both BBQ and bread require lots of waiting time and you can do both at the same time. While you are waiting for your smoker to cook your brisket, pork butt or ribs... you can make a loaf of bread.👍

As far as my other contributions... I just say what I think will help contribute to the discussion, question that is posted. I've studied Kamado cooking, Sous Vide cooking, pizza making... I contribute what I know. I study posts/topics that I don't know. I teach and I learn.

At the end of the day... I look at my participation in the Pit as an I win situation. I've learned more than I've contributed.

I do appreciate all of your compliments and kudos for whatever I lend to the Pit but to me that is just how the Pit works. You ask a question hoping someone can walk you through it... teach you how to nail it.

For that I thank Meathead... for coming up with the idea of creating a way for us backyard BBQ Pit Master wannabe's to trade our secrets... help each other advance our BBQ game. For $24 a year it seems like a good deal.🤔

Comment

• Spinaker
                        Spinaker commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Nuff said!!

• vandy
                        vandy commented
                        Editing a comment
                        And very well said indeed!

He da MAN!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here