Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Contemplating Variations to a Basic Sourdough Recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contemplating Variations to a Basic Sourdough Recipe

In a couple of days, I am going to FINALLY get around to taking chudzikb 's advice and add some garlic to a loaf of sourdough. I'm wondering then how maybe some chile powder might do. Or, maybe using beer, whey (drained off of yogurt), or buttermilk in place of some or all of the water. Have any of you experimented with powdered spices or different liquids?

I use beer in every single batch. My favorite is a good fruit lambic. Raspberry lambic is wonderful and makes the bread pink! I usually use half beer half water.

Comment

• Willy
      Willy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the suggestion! I picked up a bottle of raspberry lambic today and it's going to be made for Valentine's Day.

I have used 100% Dos XX Amber and it gives a great flavor. I think something with more flavor than the American standards works well, but not a heavy flavor like some dark beers.

Comment

Beer? I never thought of that, I have work to do!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here