Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hard boiled eggs blow up in the microwave!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard boiled eggs blow up in the microwave!

...in case it's been on your mind. No, no, it was my wife. It was like a microwave IED. Good thing the microwave is like one of those containers the cops use to explode explosives safely. Seriously, it was like a SNL skit!

Pictures!

Comment

• Ribber
      Ribber commented
      Editing a comment
      No. I was too late. Try to picture sticking a firecracker in it. Priceless!

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      Awwwww.

They blow up in those handy little egg-poaching plastic miracle poachers too. My problem was that I thought I just did it wrong the first time, so I had to blow up another one just to prove that I love to clean the microwave! What a mess!

Comment

• Ribber
      Ribber commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds handy, lol.

• gcdmd
      gcdmd commented
      Editing a comment
      You're a true scientist. Experimental results have to be verified.

BTW, why did you clean up the microwave between runs?

• Shane Rakow
      Shane Rakow commented
      Editing a comment
      Why, yes. Yes I did, gcdmd. Hardee, har, har.

We had a flight attendant (during the Atkins craze) put two packages of bacon on paper towels in the mircowave set it for 20 minuets and walk away. Luckly this was in the hangars kitchen and not on the plane. Had to chuck that microwave.
    She also did the same thing with a bag of popcorn. That one brought the fire department. Had to chuck that microwave.

Comment

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      She is now the lead flight attendant.

• Ribber
      Ribber commented
      Editing a comment
      Great. So aspiring attendants know the road (er, flight) to success?

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      Exactly

Ever put one of those marshmallow Easter Peeps in a microwave? Try it sometime, they grow to be about 20 times their original size. You wind up with giant, misshapen, mutant Peeps. Scares the crap out of the kiddies when they see them in their Easter basket.

Comment

• Ribber
      Ribber commented
      Editing a comment
      I think that would scare the crap out of me!

This thread is getting good. Has great potential. I mean scaring the crap out of kids & destroying microwaves. Yeah! Let's hear more.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      lol!!! FireMan !!! I'm in, save me a seat, and' some food!!! ;-)
      I'll bring some, too...

• Ribber
      Ribber commented
      Editing a comment
      You're right. As long as we don't insert cats into the thread we'll be fine. I'm talking to you FireMan :-). Well ok. I guess I'm talking to me.

• gcdmd
      gcdmd commented
      Editing a comment
      or dogs; I stirred up a hornet's nest over that a while back.

Dog, cats, kids, peeps, microwaves, what's the difference! It's all a blast! 🙀 ♨️

Comment

• Ribber
      Ribber commented
      Editing a comment
      It is a blast! Even my wife is enjoying her infamy! I'm taking charge of the cold cranberry sauce this year. Don't want the kitchen deep purple-ish. Nothing against the band!

Many years ago when young and (more) stupid as well as under the affluence of incohol I found that if you microwaved an uncooked shell on egg for just the correct amount of seconds, you could serve it to your drunken buddies as boiled eggs and when they cracked them open they literally ended up with egg on their faces!

Comment

Years back during a Vikings football half time we were bored and got talking about things that work and don't work in the MW.
      So we wrapped a raw egg in two layers of baggies and stuck in the MW, hit a time and watched it do nothing, added more time and hit the start button, it took about 25 seconds to finally go.

Wife walked in just as the egg and plastic baggies turned into microscopic sized bits.
      Thank goodness my buddy and I were in the HVAC business and knew how to disassemble that MW, while hearing the wife's comments on all this.

I am still forbidden from using a MW with out supervision.

Al

Comment

Never tried it but I've heard that a rolled up piece of aluminum foil puts on a spectacular light show right before it fries your microwave and sets your kitchen on fire. Definitely something no one should try.

Comment

• Ribber
          Ribber commented
          Editing a comment
          I did accidentally put a cup or bowl or something with a real gold rim in the microwave. That was interesting. It looked like sparklers in there. Shouldn't have done that.

Originally posted by Ribber View Post
        ...in case it's been on your mind. No, no, it was my wife. It was like a microwave IED. Good thing the microwave is like one of those containers the cops use to explode explosives safely. Seriously, it was like a SNL skit!
        semisolid liquid in a slightly impermeable not not quickly impermeable and brittle shell, increasing temperature of lopsided molecules creating steam of the residual water. yeah,. explosion imminent.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here