Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cheese Jalpeno Buns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheese Jalpeno Buns

Doing a brisket overnight and wanted some good jalapeño cheese rolls for sandwiches. Found this one:

Sharp cheddar and fresh jalapenos transform an ordinary burger bun into a Texas specialty.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2259.JPG
Views:	123
Size:	207.4 KB
ID:	234669
    They are delicious. My portioning technique needs a little work as you can see but I'm pleased with the end product

Looks like yummy, delicious, wholesome goodness t' me!!! Nice job!!!

Comment

• SlushDeezey
      SlushDeezey commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. They're not hard at all to make. The waiting is the hardest part.

How much better could you do a burger than that. I love the heat. Unfortunately my wife doesn't. So I have a dilemma. To me it looks amazing.

Very cool you're keeping your self busy during your cook tonight.

Comment

• SlushDeezey
      SlushDeezey commented
      Editing a comment
      I used about 1/4 cup of the Trappey's pickled jalapeño slices. Going to make a pan of beans from the forum as well, "Mrs" something's beans is the recipe. Also doing some crack n cheese tomorrow and going to add in bacon.

Keep it going. Looking good.
    Show us some pics when you can.

Comment

Yum - they look good enough to eat...

Comment

Those sound damn fine to me. Are you going slice the brisket and put it on the buns or are these a side?
        Last edited by Spinaker; October 30, 2016, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Slice and eat on.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2261.JPG
Views:	97
Size:	168.1 KB
ID:	234851
            Beans away. Just put them in the smoker. Had put a foil pan under the brisket and caught the drippings so you know I had to put that in them, too. Next up...Mac and cheese.

Comment

Looking mighty fine, keep th' pics comin' SlushDeezey !!! Thanks fer sharin'!

Comment

Final results.
                Attached Files

Comment

I bet those beans were unbelievable with those drippings in there. And that briz looks insane!

Comment

Thanks man. The brisket took 17 hours to smoke then three hours in a cooler. I gotta tell ya, the beans AND the Mac were extremely greasy. So much so that I tossed out the entire pan of each.

Comment

SlushDeezey , the mac n cheese and the beans looked good but why do you think they were so greasy?

Comment

• SlushDeezey
                        SlushDeezey commented
                        Editing a comment
                        The grease in the cheese and the butter in the crumb topping. With the beans, it was the brisket drippings. Wont do that again.

• Dr ROK
                        Dr ROK commented
                        Editing a comment
                        A little dab will do ya with drippings. Next time just add to taste after you've cooked the beans.

• CandySueQ
                        CandySueQ commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yep, what Dr ROK said! Defat the drippings before you add too.

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here