Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Easy bread recipe for beginners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easy bread recipe for beginners

King Arthur Flour has tons of recipes and they recommend this one to try your hand at baking bread. It's very easy and fairly quick from start to finish. I do recommend that you gather all the ingredients and measure them out before mixing.

Hey RonB checked out that recipe. Looks pretty simple. I'm thinking of giving it a whirl. The weather is pretty crappy here today.
    1 question. Are they using a hand held blender or a table top mixing bowl?

Comment

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry - we left for a folk festival today right after I posted this. I think they probably used a stand mixer at King Arthur.

OK. Done. Looks pretty good. Smells really good. After it cools down I'll give it a try.
    Thanks RonB I have to believe in recipe they use a stand alone mixer. My hand held one wasn't to happy. If everyone here keeps giving me new ideas I'm going to have to get a bigger kitchen. That's going to hurt. Lol

Comment

Duh. A picture. Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	185.4 KB
ID:	228789

Comment

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow! That's a great looking loaf Steve B .

When it comes to easy bread recipes I think it is hard to beat Lahey's No-Knead approach - http://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/11376-no-knead-bread

Comment

Its definitely denser than white bread and has almost no flavor but for a first try not too bad.

Comment

• RonB
          RonB commented
          Editing a comment
          Steve B - The fact that's denser is probably why it's called toasting bread. Have you tried it toasted with butter and jam/jelly?

RonB that's the first thing I did. Toasted with butter. It was good but dense. I'm gonna try it w/grilled cheese and also as a triple decker,turkey bacon and cheese. I'll let you know what I think.

Comment

OK - here's the recipe I use for sandwich bread and hamburger/hot dog buns. We almost never buy bread - I make everything from scratch, except rye bread, (I haven't found a great recipe yet).

Comment

That looks like a great loaf of sandwich bread.

Comment

I've been making sandwich loaves from the white bread variation 3 from The Bread Baker's Apprentice. Using the sponge gives it very good flavor. It has a good shelf life as well.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here