Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where beans go to die

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where beans go to die

So I made some beans for the very first time this weekend following the recipe from Franklin BBQ Pinto Beans. I used some beef ribs for the meat that I made on the same day. They came out great and are surely to be a regular addition to the cook.

The only problem is that after 8 hours of soaking, plus an hour or two of cooking, and after eating pork butt and brisket, I didn’t have much room to eat too much even though it was great. And then the worst part is that I left them on the stove on accident and didn’t store them properly to eat them the next day. Here is how my Dead Beans look after sitting on top of my oven for a couple days. I hate that I wasted good food and therefore I don’t recommend trying it yourself!

Click image for larger version

Name:	167BDDF8-6FFB-4B5B-8493-FA7BE44942C6.jpeg
Views:	172
Size:	202.6 KB
ID:	447549

Click image for larger version

Name:	A24E9CFE-7118-4E56-8235-702E8517AD06.jpeg
Views:	159
Size:	197.6 KB
ID:	447550

To bad! (my wife also has a theory on where beans go to die.......)

Comment

• smokenoob
      smokenoob commented
      Editing a comment
      she talks to much......

• JCBBQ
      JCBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Haaaaahahaha. 🤣😂

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      Too funny.....
      and I ain't adding any more comments to this one.

My only comment is what a waste of good rib meat . Trust me we all been there partner. I’ve killed at least 2-3 cows worth in my day

Comment

My dogs are asking for your address......

Comment

They look alright to me. I wonder if ya recooked the hole batch, would ya get sammy/nellie poisoning or the plague or somethin. Would they taste like chicken? But alas, me thinks they will end up in the great bean pot in the sky or bean hole in the ground.
        Last edited by FireMan; January 30, 2018, 03:14 PM.

Comment

They look like they were mighty tasty! I bet you'll make 'em again!

Comment

Next time, put the element on low, cover the pot, and eat the next time you're ready. The old Maine bean-pot!

Comment

Just boil em (what could possibly go wrong?!!)

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here