Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eat like a 19th century lumberjack with bean hole beans!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eat like a 19th century lumberjack with bean hole beans!

I’m not going to do this. But it is fascinating nonetheless.

Eat Like a 19th-Century Lumberjack With This Recipe

He's a lumberjack and he's OK...!

Comment

Thank goodness they worked outdoors!

Comment

• Simple_man
        Simple_man commented
        Editing a comment
        "But when one is only beginning camp life he should be careful not to overload his stomach with beans, for they are rather indigestible until you have toned up your stomach by hearty exercise in the open air."

This book exert from the in the article pretty much sums it up haha

No bean hole digging for me. I'll stick with my trusty Instant Pot.

K.

Comment

• Mosca
        Mosca commented
        Editing a comment
        But it just won’t taste the same.

Wouldn’t you rather start by digging a huge hole in your back yard? You’d only have to do it once, you know.

• fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        Mosca ,

K.

WOW!

Comment

I still can’t wrap my mind around needing 6000-8000 calories a day just to break even.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here