Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 Beans and Hocks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 Beans and Hocks!

I'm way to lazy to cook out today so I thought I'd just throw something in the oven:

Not much of a recipe but...

30 0z Pintos
    15 0Z Kidneys
    2 med white onions
    2 cups veg stock ( it was what I had)
    4 ham hocks I smoked a while back, trimmed them and tossed em in there.

I'll season in a bit and update.

I'll bet it will be great! Now for some cornbread to go with that.

Comment

Funny you mention that fuzz. I was thinking about that. I'm going to fire up an SnS and do a skillet o cornbread.
      Last edited by Jon Solberg; January 18, 2016, 04:10 PM.

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
        fuzzydaddy commented
        Editing a comment
        Do you make a plain/basic cornbread, a sweet cornbread, or add corn kernels, jalapeños?

• Jon Solberg
        Jon Solberg commented
        Editing a comment
        At this point I'm going simple. Maybe sweet. Like I said I'm way lazy today. ; )

I don't add anything as a rule
        Last edited by Jon Solberg; January 18, 2016, 04:49 PM.

Mewonders where the corn and black beans are?

Comment

Corn breads on the 26. Forgive me DW. I sweetened it a bit.

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
          fuzzydaddy commented
          Editing a comment
          Mmmm!

Comment

Now that's what I'm talking about, Jon Solberg ! Good, tasty comfort food. I bet those beans tasted great with those smoked ham hocks bringing the flavor train with them.

Kathryn

Comment

Now that's my kind of eat right there...I don't see no butter on the cornbread...got to have butter. Thanks for making me hungry Jon Solberg

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here