Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beans in a WSM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beans in a WSM?

Looking for ideas on making beans while doing a brisket. Any suggestions? They have to be gluten free.
    Last edited by MarkD; January 14, 2016, 06:07 PM.

Hey Mark,

Have you seen the bean page on the main site? Bunch of great ideas there. I get lots of request for the KY Bourbon. I have used cola instead of the bourbon with great results. That said I dont know if cola is gluten free or not.

Beans are an important part of American culinary heritage. This section contains the canon of American bean dishes, always found accompanying local versions of barbecue. Their roots are often in other cultures, but the recipes have been thoroughly Americanized.
    Last edited by Jon Solberg; January 14, 2016, 06:21 PM.

Comment

• MarkD
      MarkD commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! Bourbon isn't gluten free. Might try the cola.

Those KY Bourbon beans are outstanding!!! I haven't put any bourbon in them yet...have to work on that.

Comment

• MarkD
      MarkD commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. We were looking at that recipie.

• fuzzydaddy
      fuzzydaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll second what you said PaulstheRibList. This is an excellent recipe. I've only used pulled pork as the meat (maybe 1/2 cup) and the only complaint was that I need do double the pork the next time.

• PaulstheRibList
      PaulstheRibList commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, fuzzydaddy, I'm with you on more meat in the beans! One grocery store has Picnic's on sale for $.59 a pound...maybe I should get some to smoke just to put in the beans!

Pretty sure whiskey is ok if the reason for gluten free is celiac. My sister has it and can drink whiskey just fine.

Here is a source.

Comment

• MarkD
      MarkD commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks _John_ ! Will see what my gf says. She's not celiac but has a gluten allergy.

• BigBear
      BigBear commented
      Editing a comment
      My son has a gluten allergy and just has to avoid foods with wheat. If he eats it he becomes cra cra! He's only 10 and has so far managed to stay away from the bourbon. Celiac Disease is much more serious and can make those afflicted very sick when consuming gluten-based foods.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here