Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Columbia gold Carolina sauce tweak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Columbia gold Carolina sauce tweak

Hey all,
    I made the columbia good mustard sauce that is on this site and it's delicious. One thing though is it's a tiny bit thick and was wondering if any of y'all have come across that and have thinned it out and if so what did you use?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

I've used my Original Shawsh recipe (it's a touch thinner than the standard KC sauce, among other key differences) and began mixing it 50/50 with Gold/Mustard sauce and that amber-colored sauce is AWESOME on chicken. Add a small splash of lime juice to take it to another notch of unique deliciousness. That's the only riff I've done.

Comment

• jitsntricks
      jitsntricks commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the tip. I'll have to give that a try!

Huskee , Here's what I used it on for this afternoon's lunch. My smoked chicken pulled, pickles, mayo, Carolina gold and a toasted bun. Came out great!
    Attached Files

Comment

That looks awesome. I lived in Charlotte, NC for about five years and got to love the mustard sauce while there. I am habitually lazy so I buy mine. I get it online from www.bobsbitchinbbq.com
      Very good stuff!!

Comment

• jitsntricks
        jitsntricks commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! Yeah it was really good. I love mustard regardless. This sauce with the hints of spices in there is SO money. Definitely going to put it on the pork butt I'm doing this weekend!

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here