Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinions, please, on different ideas for maple bbq sauce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions, please, on different ideas for maple bbq sauce

I’ve been meaning to make this stuff for the last few days, but my goodness gracious, it has been so hot I’ve stayed out of the kitchen.

Anyhow, there’s the poll. And the question is, which of these three sounds most interesting? I’ll probably give a shot to all three, but something has to be first. This will be a sauce for ribs.

Poll ends Monday at midnight, I gotta make it sooner or later.
    Pineapple maple
    15.00%
    Peach maple
    35.00%
    Cherry maple
    50.00%

The poll is expired.

I can see cherry maple being a good start for ribs. Peach maple just makes me think of a glaze for a pork loin or chops. Pineapple maple just does not work in my head. If you say pineapple sauce I start reaching for agave syrup or kecap manis to start.

Comment

• Mosca
      Mosca commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, cherries are in season right now. I can choose between sweet black, or Rainier. For a sauce I think I would go with the sweet black.

None of them. The flavors would all over power the maple flavor. Keep it simple start with just maple. If you have to go with one a little cherry might be good. Be careful in the amount you add. I make my own just maple sauce.

Comment

• Mosca
      Mosca commented
      Editing a comment
      You could very well be right, but I have the time to find out!

Cherry, but keep it light enough to let the maple shine too. Cherry (or red raspberry) flavor can easily become overbearing, IMO.

Comment

Buy dehydrated maple syrup in a powder. Add maple powder to baked beans, pancakes, oatmeal, or sausage to create prize-winning dishes!

Comment

For ribs I sometimes do the following simple glaze:

1/2 Grade B maple syrup
        1/4 Lemon juice
        1/4 Lime juice
        *optional* a few dashes of hot sauce

For it's simplicity it is surprisingly good.

Comment

Don’t want this to go unfinished. After most of a day and lots of tries, and many dollars worth of ingredients, I didn’t make anything that I feel is good enough to share.

File this under hashtag notaseasyasitmightseem.

I’ll cogitate on it a bit more and see what I can think of, for now I just wasted a lot of good stuff.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here