Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modifying the MHG Maple Glaze Ribs recipe ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modifying the MHG Maple Glaze Ribs recipe ?

Originally posted in Pork:Ribs,.......September 17th, 2018, 12:10 PM

Hi all,

I've made the recipe before w/o using the crutch because MHG wrote somewhere that for home cooking he doesn't bother w/ the crutch.

The baby backs came out gorgeous and yummy after about 5 hrs on my new Traeger Silverton -- I did send pix a couple of weeks ago.

I did modify the recipe by adding a couple of tablespoons or so of honey and plan on doing 2 racks this coming Th. 9/20.

My question is about Grand Marnier --I read the glaze recipe ( pg 185 in the book ) -- What I would like opinions on is re adding it to the maple glaze recipe along with the honey ( which btw made that glaze last time look like a mirror ).

Have any of you tried doing this ? -- how did it work out ? -- how much to add to the glaze recipe to thoroughly coat 2 very meaty racks of BB ?

Looking forward to comments/suggestions.....

Best regards to all , barebear
    Last edited by barebear; September 19, 2018, 05:09 PM. Reason: format issue

Save some dough and get a better cooking flavor than Grand Marnier by using Padron Citronge. If you are dead set on spending the money, put the GM in Cadillac Marguerites and still substitute for cooking - use Drambuie. 1/4 cup per rack.

Comment

• barebear
      barebear commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you! -- already had the GM, Costco doesn't carry Cointreau or Drambuie -will see if they have the Patron - -- will definitely use your 1/4 cup per rack recommendation - this will be my 1st time modifying any recipe - am a red wine guy although used to be into vodka concoctions --wow ! you've posted so much in such a short time - I'm very impressed - best wishes!
      Last edited by barebear; September 19, 2018, 11:03 PM. Reason: spelling LOL

• JGo37
      JGo37 commented
      Editing a comment
      barebear your cook will be great - let me know what you thought of it when finished! I cry when I use Drambuie to cook, but it is amazing...

• barebear
      barebear commented
      Editing a comment
      JGo37 , I'm going to do pix starting w/ racks sitting after 24 hr. dry brining and then rubbed and slathered in butter. The pix will be in the "Show us what you're cooking area" and I'll let you know when they're posted.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here