Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To our Minnesota brethren.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To our Minnesota brethren.

When I was in the land of 1000 lakes less than Wisconsin, someone gave me some BBQ sauce that is mebbee the best I’ve had with heat. It’s "Houston Fire" by the Rack Shack BBQ in Eagan, MN. Sure would like to know what they Put in that stuff, love it. My wife hates it, so does my step-son, but it’s so good. Just wonderin about a recipe.
    Last edited by FireMan; September 6, 2018, 09:35 PM.

2 hate
    1 says best with heat
    BBQ sauce from Minisoda
    Wow.
    Inquiring taste buds need to know!

Comment

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      I guess I should have added, my wife & step-son are wouses.

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      There is no "don't give a rip" in?

Lutefisk?

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      LMAO to that video!

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      It's hysterical. But that older daughter really wanted that bike!

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      My apartment stinks & I just watched the video? LMAO.

Hmm. Will have to look into it and get back to you. There's a nice brewery not far away, maybe I can kill 2 birds etc etc.

Comment

I'll laugh if it's just Open Pit and sriracha.

Comment

• N227GB
        N227GB commented
        Editing a comment
        I've heard people like to use Open Pit as a base and add more stuff to it. It's the Ragu of BBQ.

What, this place has been around for several years and it's never showed up in one of my Yelp searches? One of the hotels I like to stay at is just a few miles north of this place and I've eaten at Doolittles across the street.

I'll be back around the first week of December so this is on my list.

Comment

My step-son is contractor was attending some affair that they catered. He showed up late & they gave him a quart container of the stuff. He didn’t like it cuz "it’s to hot for me" & my wife, sriracha or Frank’s is medium to me. So I show up & as Mikey did, "he liked it". They look to be a legit operation. We,ll find out. We’ve got some pretty good hound dogs on the trail. Most of the major "hot" sauces I consider medium, sriracha for instance, unless it’s Tobasco Sriracha.
        Last edited by FireMan; September 8, 2018, 12:47 PM.

Comment

I tried googling it, and got a hit for Rack Shack, but no Rib Shack.

Comment

• FireMan
            FireMan commented
            Editing a comment
            Good catch on that Mosca, it is the Rack Shack.

I Googled it too, and found this on their site:

"Our focus is always on the food using our very own secret family recipes, our own special rub mix of 17 herbs and spices, and serving our own 8 hand crafted signature sauces."

A link to their sauce variety pack:

http://www.rackshackbbqstore.com/rac...-sauce-4-pack/

Main site:

For more than a decade, Rack Shack Barbecue in Eagan, MN has been serving delicious barbecue for various customers. You can also count on us to make any of your events special with our catering services. Feel free to connect with our staff today if you have any questions or concerns.
          Last edited by tbob4; September 6, 2018, 08:42 PM.

Comment

• FireMan
            FireMan commented
            Editing a comment
            That’s even cooler, a website. The one sauce I had was Houston Fire. I might be interested in St. Paulie & Savannah heat.

• tbob4
            tbob4 commented
            Editing a comment
            FireMan - looks like you can only get it in the variety pack so you will be in luck. I would take the Houston Heat to a chemist so that you can try to replicate it.

Might have to run up the road from Rochester and check it out. Thanks for the tip!

Comment

Duh, I missed that when I looked it up. I have some rub in the cabinet right now. I haven't been there, but I bought some rub recently. It is pretty good.

Comment

So we tried them out today. I have to agree, Houston Fire was one of my top 2.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180908_121003.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	563310
              New Orleans Ghost is too hot to eat much. I really liked the Carolina Vinegar, but it's not really different than the recipe on this site. The Kansas City Spice also wasn't bad - more black pepper than your typical KC sauce. FireMan you said recipe, you want me to ask? I suspect it's a trade secret, but I am game to try to reproduce it.

As for the food, check it out.

Name:	IMG_20180908_113635.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	563311
              Beans and mac and cheese were awesome. Good brisket, although it was a little dry. Pulled pork was solid, not spectacular. Turkey was the best thing on the plate.

Comment

Wow! Its like the FBI! I mean "Fireman’s BBQ Investigators" He puts out the call and already has the place under surveillance by resident agents. 😀

Comment

• FireMan
                  FireMan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I was gong to say I feel like Guy Fieri.
                  FBI, that’s good.

FireMan OK, here's the label.

Name:	IMG_20180922_121211.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	569503
                The bottle version is hotter than what I had in the restaurant. Yikes! My analysis struggled to pick up anything that wasn't on the label due to the heat. In my opinion this is a forward heat without smoke so I'm going to say habanero.

Comment

• FireMan
                  FireMan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Gracias! Oh, you had me at the bottled is hotter than at the restaurant. I had from a catered 1# tub. I held off buyin a four pack, not now.

I missed this one when it was originally posted. I have never been there, but I might have to check it out.

JCGrill Do they sell that stuff at Lunds/Cub/Hy-VEE?

Comment

• JCGrill
                  JCGrill commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I've not seen it anywhere. I bought it from their website. The food is worth the drive.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here