Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite Sauces for Brisket Burnt Ends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite Sauces for Brisket Burnt Ends

Hello to the PIT. With the Labor Day weekend upcoming and smoking a Brisket in the plans, I thought to start a new thread on this to consolidate and update what I've searched on and read so far. Respective to store-bought, I like the idea of no prep, but want great taste. Respective to homemade, I am looking for quick and easy if possible because it's a busy time right now.

I'll be doing a beef broth injection and a modified Memphis Dust - low or no ginger & ground dried celery. What are your thoughts?
    Store-bought Sauce is Okay!
    72.73%
    It's Homemade Sauce or Don't Cook!
    27.27%

The poll is expired.

Can't help you with the sauce, but I'd advise against MMD on brisket unless you've done it before & like it.

Comment

• JGo37
      JGo37 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks - I didn't come across the first two you mentioned. Appreciate it! j

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds to me like the meta-story is that you'd like to make your own, but are concerned about the extra time added to the process. You engineer, you!

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      That Texas Mop is my new favorite for brisket.

I don't normally use sauce but I keep a bottle of Sweet Baby Rays for those that do.

Comment

I don't use sauce on brisket, but I do have several bottles of sauce if anyone asks.

Comment

C. None of the above

Comment

• JGo37
          JGo37 commented
          Editing a comment
          No sauce on burnt ends at all?

sauce? on brisket? For the people who want it I make my own.

Comment

I re-read the title. For burnt ends I use whatever KC-ish sauce I have, store-bought or otherwise.

Comment

• JGo37
            JGo37 commented
            Editing a comment
            Now we're caught up. I don't stock national brand sauces, unless they're craft sauces and have won a comp. I do keep Maull's St Lou & KC style, and currently have the jalapeno and Vidalia flavors too. Haven't tried any of them on burnt ends. I guess I'd favor KC for this...

• CaptainMike
            CaptainMike commented
            Editing a comment
            SBR is the only national brand I'll use. I don't use a lot of sauce and usually make a batch to match what flavor profile I'm shooting for.

I love to use Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce, that or Blues Hog. Bothe of them are really sweet, jus the way I love my brunt ends. I have moved more to a classic Texas-style BBQ, but when it comes to brunt ends, I bring back the sugar.

Comment

Just like my ribs, the cheap stuff. I too have a gallon of Sweet Baby Ray's (too tomatoey for me) for when I cook ribs and burnt ends for folks.

Comment

Black Swan Cognac, wish they sold it on the west coast

Comment

Doing chuck roast burn ends today no sauce, working mans brisket @ $5.99 lb. None, nada, no sauce, only rub's, celery salt, onion salt, pepper, montreal steak rub. the beef broth when i wrap. did i mention no sauce. ​​​​​ tryed to post picture's, cannot drag them over.

Comment

• JGo37
                JGo37 commented
                Editing a comment
                Maybe you're not using sauce?

I was going to modify Memphis Dust for the rub but am now pretty convinced I'll use Montreal steak rub. And, I should have enough burnt ends to set aside dry and roll in two different sauces from Maull's. (a STL preferred sauce)

It's going in the smoker Saturday night.

Bone Sucking Sauce is pretty good. A couple of months ago I was in Publix and I saw some Pat's Ho Sauce. Not a typo. I had to try it - it was pretty sweet. I am going to leave the rest of the comments to you guys...

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                Have ya tried doctorin it up, any?
                Might be worth a whirl, but too sweet'd be a 'no go' fer me, if that's all it brought.

• klflowers
                klflowers commented
                Editing a comment
                It's actually Pat's Ho Made Sauce. Yeah, Mr. Bones, added some bk pepper onion and garlic, red pepper flake and some Worcestershire made it pretty good

Blues Hog, Head Country 50/50 mix

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here