Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Bama White Sauce Recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Bama White Sauce Recipes

Hey All, Happy Saturday! I've been kicking around the idea of trying my hand at the Bama sauce, although I've never actually tasted it and really don't know how it should taste and what to expect.
    I have a couple of recipes that I picked up on line. I would greatly welcome any input and experiences that anyone would like to share. Got the need to try this from the latest video from Adrenaline and can't to get grilling.

Packed full of flavor, this recipe for Alabama white BBQ sauce is the perfect addition to grilled and smoked chicken. Adapted from the original white BBQ sauce that was created by famed Big Bob Gibson Bar-B-Que in Decatur, Alabama, this isn't your ordinary sticky sweet BBQ sauce as it relies on mayonnaise and vinegar.

i just made a double recipe

Comment

• Jeffrey R
      Jeffrey R commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks dansha, That's one of the recipes I wrote down. I went out and found a bottled brand of Lillie's Q Ivory N Bama Style, just to give me a idea at what I'm shooting for. Strait out of the bottle, it's not bad at all.

• texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      the above recipe is good stuff, just lacks heat. a little crushed smoked ghost chili helps it out in that area.

That stuff is the bomb. I had my reservations - white bbq sauce??? I am a Kansas City man all the way. But it changed my mind.

http://amazingribs.com/recipes/chick...ite_sauce.html

Comment

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      One of these days I'll get around to making it. Like the reports here!

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      Edf my wife loves mayo, so I made it for her. Then I tasted it and fell for it. We generally have a jar of it in the fridge all the time now.

• Jeffrey R
      Jeffrey R commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Kl, Me too..white clam sauce, white pizza, but white bbq sauce. Gotta give it a try? I think those folks in Alabama have a secret?🍗👍

I've never had it either and have also been meaning to make some. I should get on that. Unfortunately I'm currently stuck in a Bed and Breakfast that serves protein free breakfasts. I'm having BBQ withdrawals.

Comment

• Steve R.
      Steve R. commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds like you are just stuck in a bed. No breakfast. I'd rather stay at the Bates Motel!

• texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      leave a bad yelp review... isnt that what everyone does these days when something doesnt suit their fancy...that or launch a facebook campaign against them? I just take my money elsewhere.

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree with you texastweeter, not a big fan of bashing businesses on Yelp, or Yelp in general. But I might leave a constructive review on Google Maps when I'm done with my stay. We're less than 15 minutes from the venue though. Plus there's a mini fridge I've stocked with cold cuts and beer. I'm a survivor.

Meathead's recipe (at the link provided by dansha ) is really good ... but more acidic than I remember from growing up in Northern Alabama. I generally tweak it by adding 1 TBSP of sugar so that it tastes a bit more like what I remember.

Comment

• Jeffrey R
      Jeffrey R commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Mb, I was tweaking the different versions myself trying to get the best mix. Going to give it a shot tomorrow?
      Results may follow?

I made the white sauce for the first time last weekend. We used the AR recipe. With no previous experience for comparison we liked it. Give it a chance all the way through the process--mixing it to eating it on the smoked chicken. It is different and the smell when you first combine the ingredients may raise your doubts. Stay with it and you won't be disappointed.

Comment

• Jeffrey R
      Jeffrey R commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Reds fan, I got 4 fresh fat thighs on the Weber.
      Tried my hand at the Bama sauce, it was tasty in the bowl!

Jeffrey R If you like it in the bowl you’ll love it on the chicken!

Comment

The sauce was fantastic, something totally different!
      I'm going to blow away some of my old school que friends and family with this sauce. This stuff is great, it's only 6:30 am and I hear the leftover piece calling me. 👍👍

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here