Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for Sweet w/ Heat BBQ Sauce for Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for Sweet w/ Heat BBQ Sauce for Ribs

My Yoder is on the way and the first cook I’m going to do are St. Louis Ribs. My thought is to do two racks. Both will be with Meathead’s Dry Rub but one rack I want to do a BBQ sauce that is sweet but has some heat to it.

Any recommendations of recipe’s off BBQ sauces I should try out?

best in the freaking world

Comment

• Cheef
      Cheef commented
      Editing a comment
      4 miles from my house!! Nice guys. Bonus is you walk across the parking lot and you will be at KC Joes!!

• lonnie mac
      lonnie mac commented
      Editing a comment
      Never even heard of this stuff. Clicked linkypoo, and I instantly ordered me some! Man this stuff sounds good!

Might not be what you’re looking for right off the bat since it’s a little atypical, but I’ve done Korean style ribs with a gochujang BBQ sauce and the family loves them. Definitely covers the sweet + heat aspects. You can find recipes online or bottles in the grocery store, we’ve used Bibigo brand and it’s very solid. Enjoy that new Yoder!

Comment

• JCBBQ
      JCBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Made just that yesterday. You can punch up the heat by adding peppers of your choice but the flavor is fantastic.
      ChefSteps is here to make cooking more fun. Get recipes, tips, and videos that show the whys behind the hows for sous vide, grilling, baking, and more.

• FishTalesNC
      FishTalesNC commented
      Editing a comment
      Very nice, JCBBQ! Thanks for the recipe link. Totally agree on the flavor, gochujang is forever in the rib rotation at our house. 👍🏻

Max's Beso Del Fuego (like Jerod recommends) and I also like Sweet Baby Ray's "Sweet & Spicy"

Comment

Try your favorite "sweet" sauce and add some hot sauce to taste. I think the Heinz sauces are pretty good, especially for the price. Try the SC Mustard, the Texas, and the Carolina Vinegar and add heat as you will.

Trust me; I'm never wrong. Well, OK, I did make a mistake once, er, twice, er...never mind.

Comment

Not had the opportunity to try Max’s Beso Del Feugo (yet), but certainly agree with Huskee recommendation of Sweet Baby Ray’s Sweet and Spicy.

Comment

Make Meathead’s KC sauce and add as many drops of ghost pepper sauce as you think is prudent.

Comment

I buy the Black Swan Beso del Fuego by the case.

Comment

• HorseDoctor
              HorseDoctor commented
              Editing a comment
              Would love to try Max’s sauces but no local sources and shipping from online sources doubles the price. I know the UPS driver too well already.

I like the Black Swan Sweet Cognac myself

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
              Jerod Broussard commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, that stuff is great too.

And I haven't had either of those but do like Stubbs' Spicy.

Comment

OTC would be Stubbs Sweet Heat, or make the Kansas City Style sauce from here on amazingribs but triple the amount of hotsauce.

Comment

Congrats on the new acquisition! You are going to love it.

Comment

A little bit of local bias, but if you're looking for store bought, i'm a huge fan of Baltimore BBQ Company's sauces. I don't use it that much anymore, since I started making my own, but their Black Raven BBQ sauce is one of my favorites with a decent bit of spice (I'd say the low end of medium). Not sure if they distribute outside the area, but it's really good.

Now if you want some real heat, Jar Head BBQ makes a delicious and very hot sauce called Grunt Six Gun. Love that stuff.

Comment

Daigle's Cajun Sweet and Sour Spicy, Sweet Applewood Jalapeno, or Sweet Habenero Rib Sauce.

Award Winning Proven BBQ Sauces used in competitions across the US!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here