Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of sauce do you like on pulled beef?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What kind of sauce do you like on pulled beef?

I was thinking of putting North Carolina Vinegar Sauce on it like I do with pulled pork. Does anyone here do that? If not what do you doctor up your pulled beef with?

Attjack I like a savory sauce instead of sweet on beef and I've found vinegar based sauce to be really good on pulled chuck.

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      You just gave me the green light I was looking for.

I agree I like a Carolina Vinegar sauce on mine also.

I sometimes will go Tex-Mex with the seasoning though.

Comment

Mine have always come out too dry so gets made into something with cheese.

Comment

• ssandy_561
        ssandy_561 commented
        Editing a comment
        I have never met a chuckie that I haven't wrapped.

I look ve vinegar. Stubs is good too!

Comment

If I'm going store bought, which I usually do, Stubbs Smokey Mesquite is tough to beat.

Comment

I like my chuckie naked. Unless I fry it with some salsa for something with a South of the Border flair.

Comment

None here, typically. Maybe sriracha, maybe havarti cheese, or both. Usually just its own jus though.

Comment

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              Attjack No, usually just like a pork butt- nekkid on the smoker until after the stall for good bark, then a foil wrap.

• Willy
              Willy commented
              Editing a comment
              Good (and proper!) use of "jus"!!! LOL

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              Willy I believe I owe you credit for the reminder on that one

None for me either. I love smoked chuck "cheese steak" sandwiches with provolone and sautéed peppers and onions.

Comment

• Mudkat
              Mudkat commented
              Editing a comment
              Mmm.... slurp!

• hogdog6
              hogdog6 commented
              Editing a comment
              That is the best way to enjoy a Smokey chuck.
              "Mmmm Philly Cheese Chuck"!

When I use a sauce I like Blues Hog Tennessee Red (vinegar based).

Comment

None for me either. I usually just make Philly steak subs with it.

Comment

On beef, I'm a Head Country original gal, if I sauce at all. I tend to add moisture with defatted juice. It's going to sound odd, but for a "bite" (if I want it), I'd try lemon juice not vinegar on beef. Though I do like the Mississippi beef roast with pepperonicci (sp?) peppers and that's in vinegar.

Comment

• Steve R.
                  Steve R. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My wife has made that beef roast in the crock pot with the pepperonicci.. pepperonci... those things that look like banana peppers, and it is excellent! I'm going to steal that recipe and make it my own with the smoked chuck roast.

spicy brown mustard and meat in a bowl. that's it.

Comment

The jus from the wrap. I will make whatever I want in there... red wine, fish sauce, onions, whatever. Add it back after pulling.

Comment

I guess I will go against the grain here, and say I hate any vinegar based bbq sauce, on anything. I just don’t understand the appeal of it. And yes, I have tried it. For beef, I love, love, love Meathead’s Rich Red Wine Sauce. It’s the bomb on pulled beef. And I really like the suggestion above about the juice it’s cooked in.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here