Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heinz BBQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heinz BBQ

I had to grab a store-bought sauce this weekend. Tried the Kentucky bourbon one from Heinz. It's actually not half bad. Definitely not KC sauce, much less sweet and a bit tart.

Hey they are all pretty good. I mean they are based for a mass market. I use bold and spice Texas in place of ketchup. I keep it stocked at all times.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CF3FB2C9-1587-4196-9DC1-F25BCECCCA25.jpeg
Views:	160
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	396642

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      You hit the nail on the head Jon Solberg , they do a tremendous amount of research and tasting to determine mass market appeal. Having said that, ketchup is generally 40% sugar, what’s the label say is in this stuff?

I’m not a sauce guy, but my wife really likes a couple of em. And all of them are minus HFCS.

Comment

Wife and I picked up a sampler pack earlier this year... bold and spicy, Kentucky bourbon, mustard sauce, and a Hawaiian one if I remember correctly.

we and her parents all had our preferences of the 4 different ones but they were all good.

It was actually kind of fun to do a sample of them.

Comment

I like them all especially the Texas.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	062E6988-2F09-485F-A5E0-52B8E0E94C07.png
Views:	152
Size:	300.8 KB
ID:	396691 Hmmm.....looks like lots of sugar to me! Oh well, I like pie so I’m just as guilty of being led down the pepper mint highway....

Comment

I haven't tried any of these yet...
            Jus' about grabbed some Friday, durin' a quick dash thru th' grocery...
            Guess I'm gonna try some out, based upon th' reviews here...

Comment

My kids love The Shed, Southern Spicey. I'm a vinegar sauce guy, myself.

Comment

I like anything loaded with brown sugar.

Comment

I'll have to say I've been pleasantly surprised with the Heinz sauces, especially at the price.

Comment

I likely won't be buying again soon. I just don't use much sauce, so it might be a while before I use this one up. I use way more hot sauce. I am not a sweet sauce guy, so the bourbon one is a good choice for Me. Overall good review, just not a frequent customer.

Comment

• Troutman
                      Troutman commented
                      Editing a comment
                      So are you saying you’re not a sweetie??

For a "mass market"product, the Heinz sauces are outstanding, imho. I like the Texas one best so far, but will be trying the two Carolina sauces soon. A local megamart has 'em on sale for $2 a bottle this week.

Comment

Those of us from Pittsburgh appreciate the interest in Heinz products. Of course, it’s now owned by Mr. Buffet and his consortium of diversified investors, so maybe it doesn’t matter anymore. Anywho, I do like their sauces and they serve well when needed.

Comment

I'm still not out from under that rock. Last conversation was about KC masterpiece and I still have not tried it. I'm strictly an SBR, Stubbs or home made guy. I'm not opposed to them but only have ever used those as long as I can think back. Long ago I used bullseye and people at work ask for that. Mostly old timers set on their tasty ways.

i needs to get out more I guess.

Comment

• texastweeter
                          texastweeter commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Stubbs if I have to go storebought

I had no idea you all have used so much of this. I likethe way Jon subbed it for katsup. JCGrill Nice post.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here