Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Went out on a limb for some sauce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went out on a limb for some sauce

Today found me in Republic, WA to meet with an attorney about some legal woes in that county, but that is another story. I needed some hamburger buns so I stopped in at the local market (if you are from Republic you know it was Andersons) and found on a shelf some local BBQ sauce. Being a sucker to try anything once, twice if it doesn't kill me the first time, I bought some. It's called Schmiggitty's. They had three flavours, Original, Garlic, and Hot. At $8.00 a jar I decided to try only one, so I got the Original. The jar is sitting in front of me now, taunting me to open it up and try it. I haven't decided what to do with it yet, but did Google the name. Turns out there is two, on in PA and one in WA, which calls itself Schmiggitty West. I'm assuming they are connected. Anyone try this stuff out? The FB reviews are positive, other than the PA one is not fulfilling orders, which may be due to medical issues. Links for the curious:

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Schmiggitty West, Republic, Washington. 827 likes · 14 talking about this. Proudly made in Republic, WA!

Did u try the sauce yet? My son gave me 17 different sauces for my Christmas present this year. Great Idea! I opened them all at once to compare. Its a great way to find out what you like or don't in a sauce.

Comment

Sauces are like seasoning, everyone has one and it's secret ingredient makes it the best ever. I just make my own, sorry never tried it.

Comment

Well, embarrassingly no. In fact, I'd forgotten about it until your post. When Mrs. CN saw it her reaction was, "Didn't you read the list of ingredients?" Um, no, those are like instructions, eh, and no manly man reads those. I left it on the counter and she has put it away it only God knows where. However, I know what you mean. I was in Sonnenberg's once and bought every local sauce they had. It was fun trying them all out.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here