Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh my... tasty hot wing sauce and spicy BBQ sauce.😜

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh my... tasty hot wing sauce and spicy BBQ sauce.😜

I occasionally order hot wings from Dominos Pizza. I NEVER order pizza from them. However... I can't resist their wings because of their Mango & Harbanero sauce they serve with their wings. It's just the right degree of hotness without burning your tongue, plus it's sweet but not too sweet. I decided I'm way over paying to get those wings delivered because of that extraordinary sauce. So I started researching how to make that sauce and found it on seriouseats.com.πŸ€— http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2...cue-sauce.html

If you put some baking powder on your wings when you bake them in your oven/Kamado you will get a crispier skin.πŸ‘

I made this sauce and baked some wings on my BGE at 475Β° for about 15/20 minutes, mixed them in the sauce and chowed down.Γ°ΕΈβ€˜ΒΓ°ΕΈβ€˜ΒΓ°ΕΈβ€˜Β I like it! No more hot wings from Dominos.πŸ€‘
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Breadhead; July 11, 2017, 08:09 PM.

This is a very fine rendition if you're feeling lazy: https://www.hotsauce.com/Blair-s-Hea...e-p/1936hm.htm

Comment

• Breadhead
      Breadhead commented
      Editing a comment
      I do sometimes pay retail...😬

I can't deal with a mango's sweetness. I actually enjoy Buffalo Wild Wings "Blazin'" sauce.

Comment

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      I have to agree with you kmhfive I really like that sauce. Although the bar tenders always look at me like I'm nuts cause "it's soooooo hot". Not really. At least not for me.
      But than again I do grow Reapers.

• kmhfive
      kmhfive commented
      Editing a comment
      I enjoy the flavor and don't mind the heat. I'm often treated like I'm crazy.

• JCGrill
      JCGrill commented
      Editing a comment
      I can't do it, too hot for me.

Thats $13.98 plus tax, delivery and tip that you just saved yourself. fatter wings too.

Comment

• Breadhead
      Breadhead commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep... I pay about $20 for 14 wings, delivered - with a tip. I can make 14 wings just the way I like them for 1/2 that amount of money, including the cost of my lump coal. If I was still working I'd call for delivery but I've got all day to figure out how to make wings better than Dominos does.πŸ˜†

Mmm I did wings tonight too. Cheaped out, just used Franks's Buffalo sauce though. And I love Domino's Pizza! I haven't met a pizza I didn't like- chain, local, homemade, you name it!

Comment

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      Unless it's certain specialty, the only pizza I can eat is Dominos. Last night ordered the XL (with online emails coupon) veggie and wings. Just ate a piece. Two pieces left.. Breadhead I devoured the wings immediately. I'm a chicken snob but they are good. There's something about them.

• Breadhead
      Breadhead commented
      Editing a comment
      HouseHomey ... it's that Mango Harbanero sauce!😜😜😜

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      JCBBQ Lol, I'll remember the warning if I'm ever there. But I forgot, I hate Jet's. I've given Jet's a few tries and I just don't like 'em.

I like that and I plan to do some wings soon, I had heard about using baking powder to get crispy skin and I never thought of cooking at 475*F but I plan to give this a try very soon. I am surprised they cooked so quickly? I have a Akron kamado that I am learning how to use.
    I have done wings in my Traeger after I marinaded them in Meatheads Italian salad dressing and those have always been good too but it is time to expand my horizons.

Comment

• Breadhead
      Breadhead commented
      Editing a comment
      I got the idea of cooking my chicken wings at 475Β°... while waiting at Dominos for my wings to get done, I asked the the guy cooking them how hot their oven was... he said 475Β°. I asked how long he cooked them, he said 14 minutes. So... I fired up my BGE and did what he did.πŸ‘

Breadhead that sauce looks fantastic! Can't wait to try it.

Comment

• Breadhead
      Breadhead commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm going to perfect that sauce... Dominos Mango/Harbanero sauce is to die for... really!!! So I've decided I'm going to tinker with it until I've made it at least as good as theirs.

• JCBBQ
      JCBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Breadhead Excellent! I'm away for a couple weeks. When I get back i'll either try this or your best version. Keep us posted.

i love Mango habanero sauce but I am trying to keep my sugar intake low. This sauce has no sugar and is excellent!
    1/4 cup tobasco or franks red hot + 1/4 cup butter + 1 teaspoon worstershire. It's also really easy and fast.

Comment

• Breadhead
      Breadhead commented
      Editing a comment
      You're a wise man to reduce your sugar intake! I've been studying sugar consumption in America and around the globe lately. The average American only consumed 1oz of sugar daily before WWII. We now consume 6oz of sugar per day. Obesity increased at the same rate as sugar sales.😬
      Last edited by Breadhead; July 12, 2017, 08:23 PM.

• Butchman
      Butchman commented
      Editing a comment
      I made the Memphis dust rub for a diabetic friend over the 4th using Splenda instead of sugar. I cooked ribs and they turned out great and the flavor was great too. Sugar is truly the enemy to good health.

Man! I love me some mango habanero sauce. Thanks for posting this recipe! Breadhead

Comment

• Breadhead
      Breadhead commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm with you on loving that sauce.😜 I felt the need to figure out how to make the stuff. There are many recipes available online that vary greatly. I trust Serious Eats more than the others. I'm going to fiddle with it for a while until I get it the way I like.πŸ‘

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here