Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thin Carolina style sweet heat pork sauce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thin Carolina style sweet heat pork sauce

This has probably been written about here many times but I don't get on here much due to work. Here goes my version

2 cups Apple Cider Vinegar
    1 cup Ketchup
    1 cup brown sugar
    1/3 cup yellow mustard
    2 Tbs granulated garlic
    2 Tbs coarse grind black pepper
    1/4-1/3 cup honey
    1/2-1 Tbs Cayenne to adjust heat to preference
    1/2 Tbs red pepper flakes

Combine, bring to a simmer, stir now and then, simmer for 30-45 minutes to reduce and burn off some of the vinegar so it's not so bright in your nose.

Let cool and put in a squeeze bottle.
    Keeps in the fridge for 2-3 weeks

Great on pulled pork sandwiches, as a mop, or you can thicken just a bit with a starch and you have a darn good wing sauce.

As the old skit on Saturday Night Live said..."It's a floor wax AND a dessert topping"

looks good to me.

Comment

Will try, thanks!!!

Comment

Thanks for sharing I'll definitely give this one a try

Comment

Maybe if dessert is pork belly burnt ends! Sounds good!

Comment

I'm flagging this page ( that's a joke for Huskee ). Thanks for the recipe - I am going to print it out.

Comment

• scottranda
              scottranda commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm flagging this comment

• tbob4
              tbob4 commented
              Editing a comment
              scottranda - hahahahahaha Boy could we drive poor Huskee nuts, couldn't we?

One thing I forgot to add is about 2 Tbs of your favorite pork rub to add a bit more flavor. It's good without but even better with it. I also add maybe a teaspoon or two of Accent but i'm not sensitive to MSG thank God!

Joe

Comment

Made this yesterday. It was amazing. Thanks for the great recipe.
              John

Comment

Originally posted by Stoneage View Post
                Made this yesterday. It was amazing. Thanks for the great recipe.
                John
                Glad you liked it! I used it at two parties I was asked to cater recently and people were wanting me to make some up and sell it to them. I've had to start making it in the garage as my wife and son say they can't take the simmering vinegar smell anymore! Naturally I have the daydream that I'm going to bottle this stuff and retire. Probably not though.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here