Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBQ Sauce with Porcini Mushrooms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBQ Sauce with Porcini Mushrooms

Hi Meathead,
    I have been following you for years and love your new book. I seem to remember a recipe you had gotten from a female champion BBQ competitor that had dried porchini mushrooms in it. I did a search on your site and looked in the book and did not find it. If you still have it, could you send me a copy at [email protected]?
    Regards,
    Kirk

Welcome to the Pit Kirk!

I forwarded this to Meathead. With him on the road/air/water etc., not sure when he will view it.

Comment

Welcome aboard Kistnj7!

Comment

Hmmmmm. I have no recollection of such a recipe... I have made pasta sauces and others with dried (powderd) porcini, but don't think I've mad a pork recip with it.

Comment

If you search the AR site for "porcini" (not porchini) you'll get several hits ... all beef ... no pork.

Comment

I forgot to mention I was referring to a BBQ sauce. Guess I must have seen this recipe on another site. Anyway, I have decided to go with the "Tennessee Hollerin' Whisky BBQ Sauce" with the "Last Meal Ribs" and "Memphis Dust" dry rub. I'm doing 6 slabs of BB Ribs serving 12 - 13 guests on the 4th. I have learned everything I know about smoking meats since visiting this site 3+ years ago. Now I am branching out to grinding meats, sausages, salami, pate and such. Thanks again for your advice.

Comment

Kistnj7 Memphis Dust is my goto rub for pork ribs, boston butts and Sweet Georgia's Brown Smoked Yard Bird. I expect you will like it a lot.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Kistnj7! We'd love to get an intro from you over in the Introduce Yourself channel when you get a minute. https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...troductions-aa

Comment

Welcome to the pit. Prepare to drool.

Porcini is such a strong, earthy flavor, I wouldn't think to use it for pork, unless maybe crusting a loin for flavor contrast. So good for beef and things you want to amp the musty on. Wife thinks they taste like dirt. She's not wrong, even though she's kinda wrong.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here