Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MH Mustard Sauce near mishap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MH Mustard Sauce near mishap

I was making Meathead's mustard sauce this afternoon for some pulled pork that I am serving tomorrow (getting the butts on later tonight for an overnight cook). I didn't need as much sauce as his recipe called for so I decided to half it. As is usually the case, I had a million things going on while I was making the sauce and successfully halved everything except for the vinegar. Fearing the worst, or at least thinking that I would have to add to it, I gave it a try. I loved it. I ending up adding a little honey to counter balance, but I think it turned out great especially since I like vinegar based sauces over others. I will go back at some point and make the recipe properly, but I will also keep this version in my back pocket. Potential disaster averted. Now let's just hope the cook goes as planned tonight.

It's going to go great! Enjoy the ride. : )

Comment

I gotta write down my recipe the next time I make mine. As much as I go for consistancy, using weights, metric, etc. I've yet to write down any of my experiments on sauces and rubs lol. Only thing remotely "in stone' is the big batch of coca-cola sauce which uses a 2ltr bottle of Coke and the Hienz Ketchup that has a pump lid for it. Probably gonna go full from scratch (other than the coke) this next time, so I really need to write it down, since for the sauce it will change the ketchup recipe I'm going to start from.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here