Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us what you're cooking - 3/6/2016 through 11/7/2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Show us what you're cooking - 3/6/2016 through 11/7/2020

Here we go again. Show us what you're cooking! III was starting to act a little quirky so we're starting the next round with SUWYC! IV.

Past Show Us What You're Cooking Threads:
    SUWYC I
    SUWYC II
    SUWYC III

Y'all know how it works. Post pics of your cooks and make us wish we'd been there! I'll kick things off:

Here's a recent steak cook (All cooks using a Weber kettle equipped with the Slow 'N Sear):
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1379.JPG Views:	1 Size:	2.92 MB ID:	145887

Prime Rib!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1254 (1).JPG Views:	1 Size:	2.42 MB ID:	145883
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1266.JPG Views:	1 Size:	2.34 MB ID:	145885

Bone in Pork Chops:

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1219.JPG Views:	3 Size:	2.45 MB ID:	145886

and last but not least, Meatballs with gravy:

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1163.JPG Views:	2 Size:	2.04 MB ID:	145884
    Last edited by Meathead; November 7, 2020, 09:37 AM.

That looks good.

Comment

Great cook David Parrish ...

You ought to open a BBQ joint.😁

Comment

• David Parrish
        David Parrish commented
        Editing a comment
        Too much work! I got enough already lol

• Breadhead
        Breadhead commented
        Editing a comment
        Maybe someday. Cornel Sander's was my age (65) when he started KFC.🤗

Haven't gotten pictures of everything, but I'm recently been trying smoked chuck roasts based on the recipe shared here. The offset I learned on burns a chimney full every hour and has huge temp swings. I'm still getting used to the SNS and having a consistent temp so I'm underestimating the time I'll need to get things finished.

Before Pulling
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1255.JPG
Views:	1278
Size:	228.0 KB
ID:	145905

Pulled apart nicely

Name:	IMG_1257.JPG
Views:	1263
Size:	174.7 KB
ID:	145906

Comment

Also got a hold of a few large beef short ribs this week. Here they are before applying the BBBR

Name:	IMG_1264.JPG
Views:	1287
Size:	163.2 KB
ID:	145908
        6 hours on the weber / SNS to 180 and oven finished to 210. Great flavor but they really would have benefited from a faux cambro rest for an hour or so.

Name:	IMG_1266.JPG
Views:	1284
Size:	199.4 KB
ID:	145909

Comment

• Breadhead
          Breadhead commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice cook...😎👍

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          Beautiful!

Today's cook (boneless short ribs) in progress... For the last 36 hours in the Sous Vide hot tub at 131°. I'm going to take them out of the hot tub and cool them down to room temperature and marinade them during the day in my favorite Asian flavor marinade.

This evening I'll grill them low and slow until they reach 145° while basting on more of the marinade to build a flavorful crust. More pictures later tonight.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Potkettleblack
          Potkettleblack commented
          Editing a comment
          Why 145 internal? At 131x36 they should be pretty good texture wise, if you're into that level of doneness.

• Breadhead
          Breadhead commented
          Editing a comment
          Potkettleblack ...

Because I wanted to put a bark on it. I could have stopped at 140° but I didn't think 145° would dry it out. Was just a judgement call on my part. Next time I'm going 72 hours.😆

• Harvey
          Harvey commented
          Editing a comment
          It is 5.9 gallons

Out of the Sous Vide hot tub after 36 hours @131°. Into an ice bath to cool the short ribs to room temperature. Into a zip-loc freezer bag with the marinade sauce and into the fridge until I want to put them on the grill to finish it.😎
        Attached Files

Comment

• lemayp
          lemayp commented
          Editing a comment
          What type of marinade are you using? I've been trying to add Thai and Indian flavor profiles to my cooking this year.

• jecucolo
          jecucolo commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for showing the process in pictures.
          I know this will be my next toy.

Ribs and pork neckbone

Comment

• PrincetonPitBoss
          PrincetonPitBoss commented
          Editing a comment
          ooh. neck bone, haven't tried that. bet it's good, and cheap.

lemayp ...

I found this recipe a few years ago and it's my favorite marinade for sure. I use it for both pork and chicken thighs. I use the dipping sauce with pork but not with chicken.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/221901/...an-pork-chops/

Comment

• JCBBQ
          JCBBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          BH, I've made that several times now on your recommendation. It's definitely a crowd pleaser!

lemayp here is my peanut sauce recipe. More of a finishing/dipping/stir fry sauce. https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...823-thai-sauce

I like marinating beef strips in oil with mashed lemon grass, ginger and maybe some garlic, grilling them to your preferred IT then dipping it in the above sauce. Also makes killer wraps with leftover grilled meet, shredded cabbage, carrot, bell pepper and avocado.

Comment

Pit Boss, any pics of the inside of that steak? She's a beauty.

Here's a small 2-lb flat I made last night. Making a rack of spares and a rack of baby backs today.

Name:	2lb flat.PNG
Views:	1290
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	145957

Comment

• Paulie Brisket
            Paulie Brisket commented
            Editing a comment
            My God that looks good!

• Bruce R
            Bruce R commented
            Editing a comment
            How long was your cook? Crutch or no crutch? And did you buy it that size, or cut it from a larger piece? I cook for my wife and myself (typically) on a Weber kettle with an SNS, and am always looking for smaller-sized cut to limit leftovers and freezing. Any advice appreciated!

• OneCharmingPig
            OneCharmingPig commented
            Editing a comment
            I think it was about 6 hours on the cooker (WSM) if I can correctly recall, no crutch, just let her fly. Bought it at that size - my local market has trimmed flats available.

Soon to be sous vide pork loin. Has Memphis Dust on it. Going to get browned, then sliced and tossed into rice noodles and whatever sauce I bought.

5 hours at 140 then seared. Off the chain.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Jerod Broussard; March 6, 2016, 10:19 PM.

Comment

• Mitrakas
            Mitrakas commented
            Editing a comment
            Just look at the moisture you were able to retain in that loin. A thing of beauty. Great job

• GadjetGriller
            GadjetGriller commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow Looks nice and juicy! Sure it would be good in what ever you put it in!!

• Sierraslick
            Sierraslick commented
            Editing a comment
            Did you sear it off on the BBQ or use a torch? It's SO perfectly even! Beautiful!

Took a half day off - nice weather, hadda cook SOMETHING!

Did 2 pork chops (sorry, no pics, but they looked (and tasted) GLORIOUS) and a good sized boneless ribeye. Added our usual Montreal to the Costco prod. Didn't bother to dry age, just added Montreal as soon as I got home.

Reverse seared with the SnS. Took it to, about 115 and hit it with the afterburner to about 120.

Certainly one to the best I've ever had (says A LOT). Topped with my fave onion sauce, which is in the recipe section.

Unlikely to do much before St. Patty's day, and nothing exciting there, either.

Comment

• CeramicChef
            CeramicChef commented
            Editing a comment
            Kudos on a great cook!

Wife was saying we did not really enjoy t-day dinner at our house cuz we was busy serving our family and guests, as it should be. She decreed we would be having t-day do over. Target critter 6.3# b-ball whole breast.
          No brine, of course, no rub just S&P OJ in the water pan, cooker brinkmann electric,pecan for the smoke.

Little hung today and forgot to factor how much wind effects,(air temp 52/wind 10) after 5hrs only at 129F had to go with blanket wrap.
          1 hr blanket wrap brought up to 160

Comment

• CeramicChef
            CeramicChef commented
            Editing a comment
            Absolutely beautiful breast cook! Kudos to ya!

• Sierraslick
            Sierraslick commented
            Editing a comment
            A thing of beauty. I'm sure it tasted as good as it looks!

Guess who's back!

Comment

• CeramicChef
            CeramicChef commented
            Editing a comment
            That's shrimp done righteously! Kudos.

That looks like a Lodge Cast Iron hibachi. I absolutely loved mine.

• Steve B
            Steve B commented
            Editing a comment
            That looks awsome. My wife would love this. Gives me some inspiration. Thanks

• slvance
            slvance commented
            Editing a comment
            I knew who posted this as soon as I saw the picture.... nice job Ernest

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here