Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feedback on April 1 vBulletin upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Glenn Vergara View Post
    It does now.

It'd be nice if clicking on the "Caution Hot Pit" sign by the AR logo deposited $1000 into my bank account.

j/k, thanks Glenn!

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol. You makka me laugh. I'd hint around at maybe only $5 to start, maybe Meathead would go for that....

The main site to me on my computer is really wonky, not a place I would hang out and browse a lot. The drop down curtain menu's can get out of control, and the pages display poorly.

For example the Zen of Beef on my screen goes down to the food pyramid, then I have to hit page down on the keyboard 5 times to get to the rest of the article, it looks like it is over a lot sooner. The bar on the right about marbling is the only thing there. I have to page down 8 times on the reverse sear article.

Not sure if it does this for you guys, but the meat science article has some unique issues; once you get to the proper cooking and serving section almost every section after that has a horizontal scroll bar at the bottom. What makes it worse is that the side bar seems to take up way more space, on mine I have about 2.5" inches of ads, 3" of the side bar, and 3 inches of article. The article doesn't fill in under the side bar when it is done either, it stays there taking up just a small part of the screen. The perfect pulled pork article however fills in just fine.

I remember the turkey article being really long so I checked it out. It now holds the page down record with 16. I'm not sure if it is supposed to, but a lot of these articles have tag streams and summaries at the top, the turkey one has words crossed out that make it non-nonsensical.

Comment

Thanks John I've seen those bars myself. I passed your comment to MH and the tech folks.

Comment

I was just looking at the lamb recipe from the main site and the images aren't showing when you get to the Method section, tested in Chrome/Firefox/IE just in case.

Comment

Good Catch! We're on it.

Comment

• _John_
            _John_ commented
            Editing a comment
            Gold Medal Giveaways, and the seminar links are bad. If you choose the GMG from the dropdown it works, if you click Pitmaster Club at the top and try to go from that screen it doesn't. Do you want these things? If so is this the place for them?

• David Parrish
            David Parrish commented
            Editing a comment
            John this might not be the best thread since this is the vB issues thread, but we definitely want to hear this stuff. All of these need to be addressed.

Also, since you're running vBulletin, any plans on enabling Tapatalk? I believe it's free for vBulletin, and it would make the mobile experience way better for many.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here