Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AdChoices banner keeps downloading to my machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just for the heck of it here's the recurring pop up ad:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-03-24 at 10.24.21 AM.png
Views:	112
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	73680
    Attached Files

Comment

• richinlbrg
      richinlbrg commented
      Editing a comment
      same one I was getting. Hasn't happened yet today.

• Meathead
      Meathead commented
      Editing a comment
      Me too.

I was getting that Friday and passed it on to the techies to work on. Did it go away for a while and then come back of has it been a problem since Friday?

Comment

It was gone till last night. Started back up as well as the downloading html. The screen shot was just grabbed at 10:24

Comment

So what is the difference b/n a pop-up, and something that just starts downloading onto your computer?

Comment

The download actually sends a file to your hard drive. The pop up just site in cyber world someplace and blocks your screen till you make it go away.

Comment

I also get this fairly often. After posting a Comment, or Reply, the sire seems to hang with the yellow "Working" dialog box open. I usually just click on the menu bar items and the site responds.

Here's a screenshot -
            Attached Files

Comment

• David Parrish
              David Parrish commented
              Editing a comment
              Bruce I get the same thing. I'm not sure there is much we can do about it.

Here's the html error I get recently. LOL - I just got two more of these popup errors trying to post this.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Pit Boss View Post
              Bruce I have a similar setup and haven't noticed any issues (and I'm on here quite a bit). If you see more of these can you get screenshots and post them?

Name:	Pit_3.png
Views:	107
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	73700

Comment

Is anyone else having the issue Bruce is getting?

Comment

Originally posted by BruceB View Post
                  I also get this fairly often. After posting a Comment, or Reply, the sire seems to hang with the yellow "Working" dialog box open. I usually just click on the menu bar items and the site responds.

Here's a screenshot -

Response from our developer, "This is a known issue in the system and will be fixed in vB 5.1.6. The performance issue is related to notifications. When you reply to a post, it triggers notifications to all who are subscribed to the thread. This is where the bottleneck is that is causing the "Working..." message to appear for a long period of time.
                  See vBulletin's note on this issue at http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...eta-2-released (under Notification Improvements section)"

So we're stuck with it for now.

Comment

Heck we all just need to unsubscribe to threads. Grass roots work around. Oh yeah.

Comment

Here's a new error. I'm at a different location and using Win7, and Firefox with no ad blocking. I've gotten this message constantly since logging in. My system doesn't care for this javascript element.

Name:	2015-03-24_10-27-39.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	73732
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Meathead
                        Meathead commented
                        Editing a comment
                        This screenshot is in the hands of our js experts. THANKS!

Anyone still having issues? If so, please provide details. I will escalate.

Comment

Pop up YES

Download NO

Comment

Grrrrr. Is it the Ready Set Eat popup?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here