Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not so much a bug as a weird thing….

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not so much a bug as a weird thing….

I’ve refreshed the message feed a few times and it’s still there.

Click image for larger version

Name:	F7DE4687-5139-4170-9D94-2B62BD0531B6.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	1395743

That’s happened to me too. That’s usually a post that’s been deleted, I think, not 100% sure. If you’ll notice where it says “Spinaker and 1 others” [plural] is also a sign the post has been deleted. It would normally read 1 other..singular. If you click on others, nothing happens. I just dismiss those as there’s nothing to see.

Comment

• SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      Agree. I just dismissed.

When I read your subject line I thought for sure this was going to be a discussion about Panhead John

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Hahahaha, you know I love ya, brother!!

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m just pissed you beat me to it……😂
      Last edited by Panhead John; March 23, 2023, 05:41 PM.

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for posting what I wuz thinking...

How’s you get that weird & the red circle. That’s definitely not a bug. No mam!

Comment

• SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      I took a screen shot and edited.

Yea, I get that, not often but it's has been going on for a while. I dismiss and move on.

Comment

Sometimes the system will show a new comment in a topic, but when you open it, it's not there. Sometimes it will show another person's avatar next to someone's username. Gnomes, they do what they want, but the javascripts and the cache and the zips and zoodles all sort themselves out eventually.

Comment

Maybe this is a weird thing too: when I open a page, at the top it shows New Posts (among other things). But that instantly disappears and I can't get it back. Literally just flashes on the screen for an eye blink.

Seeing New Posts would be usful.

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          Do you click the Recent Posts tab in the red menu bar? It should show all the new posts, in descending (timewise) order. They should not disappear.

Thanks! But they do disappear, too fast to click on.

Wait….I think I found it via a widget at the top left…

Comment

I also had that so I dismissed it.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here