Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retired senior discount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just throwing this out there- even the current higher $34.95 per year is less than $3 per month or 9 and a half cents /day. We probably spend more than that in electricity to make toast. And you get about $76 worth of tangible (magnet) & electronic goodies when you join, yours to keep.

Comment

• Ghawtho
      Ghawtho commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m going to join but need to wait until pay day which is 9/28
      We had several expenses hit us lately so we’re running pay check to pay check right now.
      Last edited by Ghawtho; September 14, 2022, 02:59 PM.

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for your support Ghawtho

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      We all will be watching at 9-28, yessir! 😳

You guys would have to raise your hands really high if I was to ever win anything. Anytime I see anything in my email that says something was won it gets deleted within 1/2 second.
    At least 500 times within the last year am getting emails that something was won, I’ll select all items without opening the email and delete 10 emails within milliseconds without even opening the email. I know you guys have got those emails too that you won something and delete it. I’ve probably done that several thousand times within the last five years. No telling what I’ve deleted. 🤣

Comment

• SmokeyGator
      SmokeyGator commented
      Editing a comment
      You can always simply log in at the pit! If you are a winner you will be tagged, and you will see a number 1 (or greater) in your messages tab. Or just click the relevant post and read who the winners are.

• Steve R.
      Steve R. commented
      Editing a comment
      You're the type of winner that gives many of us hope that we still have a chance when alternate winners are drawn.

• Meathead
      Meathead commented
      Editing a comment
      I would guess that 4 or 5 times a year we send an email to a winner and get no response. Prizes worth up to $2000. You should be sure to add amazingribs.com to your approved email list.

There are a lot of great points here about why the Pit is a great value.

Something I have not seen raised yet is the cost of saving dinner. Basically, I am cooking a $100 brisket or $100 of skirt steak, and the hundreds of dollars or thousands even I might spend on cooking meals throughout the full year (not individually expensive mind you just cumulative). How much is it worth to have good advice from here to not screw up so many meals?

You know, investing newsletters charge hundreds of dollars per year for the same type of decision support. We really do get a bargain.
    Last edited by STEbbq; September 14, 2022, 03:56 PM.

Comment

On a related note Huskee , it might be worth adding this to the help page too.

I seriously love and value your product reviews. I really want to support those efforts and your site. So I subscribed. But I would have donated rather than subscribed. I really doubt I'll use the forums. I didn't the last time I joined. And while I might be surprised when I see the other included things, none of them really

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Adding what, the charity info?

• STEbbq
        STEbbq commented
        Editing a comment
        Huskee you could do that. I was mainly thinking about "why we do not have a donate button" due to the earlier comments re: lifetime memberships etc.

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        I see. It's rare that gets asked. I suppose if it becomes a popular question we could.

This place is the best bargain on the intertubes, bar none. Full stop. End of story. How does one put a value on the pieces of learning finally falling into place and that big ol' hunka meat coming out gloriously well? And then getting to share the exultation with folks who were rooting from the virtual sidelines throughout? The annual subscription is right around the cost of a good meal out for one person at a nice but not fancy restaurant. One meal! Talk about the easy sell...

Comment

I’m happy to hear you can join on the 28th. You will definitely take the value away from here and more. This group of people and the wealth of knowledge has essentially taught me about outdoor cooking. I’m glad you are setting yourself up for the same!

Comment

Look mom! I made a good decision for once…

Comment

If I didn't pay for me to be a member here, my wife would probably do it for me. Not only does she benefit from my improved cooking skills, she knows how much I enjoy my time here, and this place helps me unwind. I appreciate it being a place with no politics. Where flames and nasty comebacks are not tolerated. This is not just a forum to find out how to cook better, we are a community who cares about each other. There are obviously thousands of members who don't post as often as Panhead John, who seems to do nothing but sit at his computer waiting to make another post, but many of us check in here at least once a day. Thanks to Meathead and all the staff that make this a great place to be a part of. Lifetime membership? I did pay for a Lifetime Fishing License here in Iowa this year, but they only offer those to people over the age of 65. They figure I'll be dead soon anyway.

Comment

• Bogy
              Bogy commented
              Editing a comment
              Huskee here in Iowa yearly license is $22. The Lifetime for seniors is $61.50. Good deal for the state. It keeps us off the streets and out of trouble.

• Panhead John
              Panhead John commented
              Editing a comment
              Bogy I’ve not once posted while sleeping…or in the shower! So, I don’t really know where you come up with this "constant posting" nonsense.

• Bogy
              Bogy commented
              Editing a comment
              Panhead John 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Panhead John
            you seem to be a Harley rider?
            I rode for a number of years, I had enough of TOO many close calls and sold my Harley almost seven years ago. I have many friends that are still riding Harley’s. One of them had two very serious accidents about 9 months apart and he was lucky on both. After the second accident his wife said No More!
            the bike won’t be replaced. I won’t ever tell anyone they shouldn’t be riding, that’s their choice.
            Last edited by Ghawtho; September 16, 2022, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Ghawtho Yes, I used to ride till about 2003 when I sold my bike. This was my last Harley, a 61 Panhead I had for about 13 years.

Click image for larger version  Name:	817070FB-7D63-41BD-A527-8183721A8119.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1,020.1 KB ID:	1294891
              Click image for larger version

Name:	37CDC571-7C68-4A55-A7FF-1790778568C8.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	166.1 KB
ID:	1294894

I changed out the front end to a Wide Glide front end with dual discs, a few years before I sold it.

Name:	91FC8173-20C3-404E-BFB5-0EFC14E11C93.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	148.4 KB
ID:	1294893
              Last edited by Panhead John; September 16, 2022, 12:22 PM.

Comment

• Meathead
                Meathead commented
                Editing a comment
                That is one pretty bike.

• Panhead John
                Panhead John commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you Meathead !

• Ghawtho
                Ghawtho commented
                Editing a comment
                Nice bike!

A casual request: as the conversation in this thread has turned more into "introduce yourself"-type content, can that aspect of the discussion be taken to a different location, please?

Comment

Here’s another angle .. Click image for larger version

Name:	52F07C62-AFC5-40B0-AAA4-B5F114778395.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	174.3 KB
ID:	1294942

Comment

• Alan Brice
                  Alan Brice commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Suuwweeeettt!

• Ghawtho
                  Ghawtho commented
                  Editing a comment
                  @Panhead John
                  Yep that is a sweet bike!

• CaptainMike
                  CaptainMike commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Casual request "Denied"

I can top your scooter shots with this here picture of a Dandelion.

Name:	dandelion.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	1295011

Comment

• Ghawtho
                  Ghawtho commented
                  Editing a comment
                  😂🤣😆

• Panhead John
                  Panhead John commented
                  Editing a comment
                  😂😂

Or a columbine!
                Attached Files

Comment

• CaptainMike
                  CaptainMike commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hahahaha!!!

The current price is a great value. I went from someone that occassionally threw a few hotdogs onto a gas grill to smoking brisket, making steaks better than a steakhouse, and learning so much more. Building, running and moderating a website like this is really expensive and with no ads to defray the costs, it's got to be a real challenge. Also, the site and this forum work remarkeably well.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here