Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Issue with images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happening to me in this post, if I click on the box it opens the pic in a new window. Using iPhone.
    Made some steakhouse burgers last night. Went to the local grocery store and they had two chuck steaks in the showcase. I grabbed the one with the most marbling and came home to grind and cook it using the reverse sear method. They ended up dry and honestly disappointing for the effort put into it. Below is a picture of the

Click image for larger version

Name:	524B975F-D03D-41B3-A969-C96FFCB3A032.png
Views:	167
Size:	155.8 KB
ID:	1096896
    Also happening to me for just this one suwyc post.

Name:	A6C9F6D8-7C14-4AE1-B7A6-49C4B7E0013D.png
Views:	159
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	1096897

Comment

• mnavarre
      mnavarre commented
      Editing a comment
      Same on Safari 14.1.2 on macOS 10.14.6.

Hmmm. It looks like pics that are inserted into the post show up fine, but pics that are simply attached to the post disappear. Let's see

Name:	D97E2BDF-EEF6-4B93-BD4C-BB45024B9EF2.jpeg
Views:	179
Size:	110.6 KB
ID:	1096994
    Attached Files

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
      ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
      Editing a comment
      I see both those no problem... I think it might not work in a few hours when the server compresses them Then again the issue isn't happening in this thread at all, so who knows.

• Sid P
      Sid P commented
      Editing a comment
      I see two "Upload Pics" buttons that I assume are identical. Are they not?

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      #1 Great Pic, BTW!!!

Loves me some Prayin Mantises, they are So Kewl, on So Many Levels...

Please refresh your browsers cache. If you visited the page before the fix, your browser will continue to show you the cached page, which is broken.

Comment

Post 4 is blank for me and apparently other folks can’t see post 1 or 4.

Masterbuilt sent me this nice hat for free out of the blue along with a thank you card for supporting the Gravity community. Definitely appreciated and a nice gesture!

Comment

Testing something...

Attached Files

Comment

• Red Man
        Red Man commented
        Editing a comment
        I was starting to think the same thing, but I can see this pic. Good call on the experiment though.

• raywjohnson
        raywjohnson commented
        Editing a comment
        Images will display correctly when you post them. It is the daily auto resizer that is breaking things. I think I have it fixed and working correctly now. Check back tomorrow to see if the image on this post still displays.

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Copy Pic, Visual Confirmation.

Now there is a message that says "Invalid file". Before I could click, see and it would disappear. Now the message comes up with no photo

Comment

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        rickgregory - your's showed up just fine. I was going back to a bunch of the "show up what you are cooking" photos posted today.

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        rickgregory - it is a strange glitch. I clicked on your photo and it popped right up. I went to the photos I posted today. While they show in the thread (show me your leftovers), when I click them, they say "invalid file". The same iPhone camera and same format was used last week in photos I posted there. They pop right up when I click on them. Hmmmmmmmmm

• raywjohnson
        raywjohnson commented
        Editing a comment
        The auto image resizer was not setting the read permissions. So once it ran and resized an image, the result was not accessible to the site (i.e. not allowed to read the image file). That should be fixed now. I will double check tomorrow.

Alrighty then!

Someone, who will remain nameless, failed to test his fixer script.

That script is fixed (fixed the fixer), tested, debugged, and successfully run.

Hoping this will keep the images in line!

Comment

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ray - I checked some missing photos and it works. Thanks, as always.

• STEbbq
        STEbbq commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you! It works!

• ofelles
        ofelles commented
        Editing a comment
        👍 thanks

Shazam, Shazam, Shazam, thank you Ray.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here