Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Server Migration Completed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jim White I sent this to Ray, but this video shows how long it takes to get TO messages from another page. About 7 seconds or so.

Last edited by Panhead John; September 13, 2021, 05:25 PM.

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      It only does it when going to MESSAGES. And it does it on my desktop and iPhone also. If it was my device, it would likely do it across the board on all page switches. I’m no guru but that’s my guess.

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Hmm, then. Hmm.

• GolfGeezer
      GolfGeezer commented
      Editing a comment
      Wait! Someone sends you Messages Panhead John? Oh, The Humanity!

I’ve had two pics on two different posts disappear as I was reading the post. The last time was a few minutes ago on Attjack ‘s hot dog post. The Greek hot dog went to a long white box, poof. Don’t know if this is a trend, but it also happened earlier a couple hours ago on another post.
    Last edited by FireMan; September 13, 2021, 08:33 PM.

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      I went and checked. Same thing happened to me.

• smokenoob
      smokenoob commented
      Editing a comment
      Well ya don’t look like a blinker but gotta ask, did ya blink?

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ve also had several posts I’ve gone to, mainly at SUWUC, had the pics disappear and just showed long rectangular boxes in their place.

I really appreciate all the work you do to keep this thing up and running. Thank you.

Comment

Here’s what Fireman and Attjack are talking about, happening to me too, but only on some posts, not all.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Panhead John; September 13, 2021, 09:11 PM.

Comment

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Ditto. Some not all.

• raywjohnson
        raywjohnson commented
        Editing a comment
        Please refresh you browsers cache.

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        I did refresh my cache. This started happening AFTER I did it. Weird🧐

When you screenshot a post, please provide links to the post. Otherwise I have to try read the text from the image and do a search. I found the Baby back ribs are on the menu post by rgriffeath. Looks ok for me. This is most likely a caching issue. Please refresh your browsers cache

Click image for larger version  Name:	bbribs-attach.png Views:	0 Size:	386.2 KB ID:	1094409

Comment

The last time I posted pictures (on the Mr. Bones Cookoff thread) I had trouble with the click and drag. The pictures would move but wouldn't stay in their new locations.

Also, when I hook my android up to my computer to upload pics to AR all of my pics on the phone don't show. The few that do show are just icons, not thumbnails. I tried importing them to the computer and then uploading to AR, and I got a message saying that the images had too many pixels to be loaded onto AR.

Comment

• raywjohnson
          raywjohnson commented
          Editing a comment
          Most modern phones take huge images. I mean HUGH. Like 12 Mega pixel images @ 4000x3000. A 17in monitor with 1920x1080 could display about 1/3 of it at a time. phones cannot even view even 800x600, they are artificially scaled down for phones. The real issue is file size. The server only has so much space. Images are currently at 37GB on the server. All other filed and the database only account for 6GB total. And this gets worse over time. So the allowed file size has to be limited for uploads.

• gcdmd
          gcdmd commented
          Editing a comment
          raywjohnson

Thank you for your response, Ray.

What about the click and drag problem?

• raywjohnson
          raywjohnson commented
          Editing a comment
          Not sure about that. I think it just does not work well. At least not for me. So I never use it.

I think the trick is to use the cross-hair icon to drag. But I just do not use it. If I need to move a pic, I delete and then set the cursor to where I want it and re-add.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here