Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Menu Issue on The Free Site (Mobile)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Menu Issue on The Free Site (Mobile)

Had some trouble logging into the Pit from the free site on my android phone. The menu where you log into the Pit collapses very quickly. Had to use some speedy fingers over several tries to login.

Here is a link to a video screen grab of the issue. Hopefully it will work.

Last edited by Geekandproud; April 20, 2021, 05:48 PM.

I second that, was trying to browse the free site on my phone and it was unusable. can't click on the menu items without them instantly disappearing.

Comment

• Meathead
      Meathead commented
      Editing a comment
      When I tap on Pitmaster Club the menu drops down and stays open. Can you tell me what phone, opereating system, and browser you are using?

When I tap on Pitmaster Club the menu drops down and stays open. Can you tell me what phone, opereating system, and browser you are using?

Comment

• SchweinStein
      SchweinStein commented
      Editing a comment
      To be clear, when I click on the main menu "three bars" it stays open with no issues. But when I click on a submenu, the menu goes away instantly after popping up and launches the parent link. For example, when I click on "trending" it just goes to the trending main page after briefly showing the submenu for trending. Then the menu is hidden again. thus I cant manually browse to any of the submenus.

I'm using a Google Pixel 2XL . Chrome Browser 90.0.4430.66

• Geekandproud
      Geekandproud commented
      Editing a comment
      My phone shows the same behavior as SchweinStein
      I am using an Samsung S10plus and Chrome browser 90.0.4430.66

SchweinStein "To be clear, when I click on the main menu "three bars" it stays open with no issues. But when I click on a submenu, the menu goes away instantly after popping up and launches the parent link. For example, when I click on "trending" it just goes to the trending main page after briefly showing the submenu for trending. Then the menu is hidden again. thus I cant manually browse to any of the submenus.

I don't understand. This part I get "when I click on the main menu "three bars" it stays open with no issues. But when I click on a submenu, the menu goes away instantly" but then I don't understand "after popping up and launches the parent link. For example, when I click on "trending" it just goes to the trending main page after briefly showing the submenu for trending. Then the menu is hidden again. thus I cant manually browse to any of the submenus."

When I tap on a top level menu on the navigation bar, such as Pitmaster Club or Trending, a list of sub menus drops down. This is correct operation. Then if I tap an item in that list, it opens the associated page. In the process the drop down menu rolls up. That too is correct. If you want to go to another page in the dropdown, simply click on the words Pitmaster Club or Trending again and the sub menus will appear.

Is this not happening for you?

Comment

• SchweinStein
      SchweinStein commented
      Editing a comment
      "When I tap on a top level menu on the navigation bar, such as Pitmaster Club or Trending, a list of sub menus drops down" this is broken. See the unlisted youtube video I shared below. The submenu comes up only for a flash. Allowing no time to click on the menu items.

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      What I believe he's saying, and what I can replicate, is clicking the main hamburger menu pops up the full menu...I click Tested Recipes, and the submenu pops up but before I can click Beef or Pork, *that* submenu disappears in half a second.

This may be an issue affect Android based phones over iPhones. I'm not seeing an issue using iOS. Can anyone report similar problems on their iPhones? If we can isolate it mainly to Android, there might be something we can do.

Thanks for your help

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m having no problems with that on my iPhone or iPad. The free side does seems to change and load pages faster than the Pitmaster club side. Just an FYI.
      Last edited by Panhead John; April 20, 2021, 07:08 PM.

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Happens w/ Android for me.

Meathead I could do a screen capture and send it. That would probably be easier then trying to describe it.

Comment

So I think I found the solution, click and HOLD the drop down, then slide to the login. I have maybe 80% success rate logging in via mobile this way. I have a POS LG android phone, haven't tried my tablet on android, but will tomorrow if I remember.

Comment

Meathead here is a link to a screen recording. Hopefully it highlights the issue better. It is an unlisted youtube video. https://youtu.be/oMUi_wAJbKM

Comment

• Geekandproud
          Geekandproud commented
          Editing a comment
          I added a screen grab to the original post too

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          Same happens to me too.

Geekandproud ha sorry I didn't see that. Well it at least we have plenty of evidence.

Comment

• Geekandproud
          Geekandproud commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree SchweinStein. No worries! I only added that last comment because I realized that post edits don't trigger notifications.

Geekandproud SchweinStein Is this bug still there? We think we squashed it but we haven't been able to reproduce it on all our devices. If it is still a problem do me a favor: Reboot your device to flush the caches and if it still occurs, tell me the name of the device, the OS you are using and the browser.

Comment

• Geekandproud
          Geekandproud commented
          Editing a comment
          Meathead, after rebooting my phone, the issue has not resolved. It has not been a big deal since I learned that if I hold down on the Pitmaster Club link then I can bypass the issue. I am using an Samsung S10plus and Chrome browser 90.0.4430.91. OS is Android 11

Geekandproud THANKS! I have passed this info to our chief IT guy. It is the only bug remaining since the launch. Sigh.

Comment

• SchweinStein
          SchweinStein commented
          Editing a comment
          Just FYI it is still happening to me too. Cleared cache and rebooted.

SchweinStein Can you tell me the make and model of you dev ice, the OS and version, and the browser and version.

Comment

• SchweinStein
          SchweinStein commented
          Editing a comment
          Google Pixel 2 XL - Android Version 11 build number RPA.201005.005.A1 - google chrome browser - 90.0.4430.91

Geekandproud SchweinStein I think, I hope, our tech team has finally cured this. Can you let me know?

Comment

• Geekandproud
          Geekandproud commented
          Editing a comment
          Meathead , I have rebooted my phone and cleared my browser cache. Unfortunately, the issue persists

• Geekandproud
          Geekandproud commented
          Editing a comment
          Meathead , I've realized that I only get the error when I tap on the "Pitmaster Club" text. If I tap to the right of the text, then no error and the menu does not collapse.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here