Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sneak Peek: NEW Review - Cuisinart Woodcreek 4-in-1 Pellet Grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sneak Peek: NEW Review - Cuisinart Woodcreek 4-in-1 Pellet Grill

You first! Here we'll post news, gear reviews, videos, and recipes that are freshly published on the public site before getting advertised there! To see all our NEW Recipes & Gear Reviews, visit the Sneak Preview channel here: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...ew-for-members

Cuisinart Woodcreek 4-in-1 Pellet Grill, by Max Good
    Read our review to learn why Cuisinart has once again won us over with their bounty of useful extras that make their Woodcreek an appealing package deal. The charcoal insert provides sear power, and if you haven't used a griddle outdoors, you will after trying theirs. Both items expand Woodcreek's versatility and merit our AmazingRibs.com Gold Medal.

Cuisinart has once again won us over with their bounty of useful extras that make Woodcreek an appealing package deal. The charcoal insert provides sear power, and if you haven't used a griddle outdoors, you will after trying theirs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	cuisinart-woodcreek-hero2.jpg
Views:	18661
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	872278Click image for larger version

Name:	cuisinart-woodcreek-charcoal-tray.jpg
Views:	1136
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	872279Click image for larger version

Name:	cuisinart-woodcreek-fajita-steak.jpg
Views:	1151
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	872280

That’s clever. I wonder why they felt the need for the ceramic briquettes, when the charcoal is perfectly adequate. Maybe some folks felt they’d miss that gas grilling experience on the pellet cooker?

Comment

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      Can you say "lava rocks"? Seems like what is old becomes new again. I've not had a grill since the 90's that used ceramic briquettes or the old sack of lava rock between the burners and the grate...

There are some neat new concepts coming out. Looks like manufacturers are really paying attention (not necessarily to their testing though, I guess they are clamoring to be first).

Comment

Polarbear777

It's a pretty cool time to look at the pellet and related cooker market. There's a network effect that allows new comers to come in. Pellets are in every hardware store. I'm seeing adverts for Kingsford pellets at Home Depot.

I think it was an obvious time for pellet and related cookers to blow up. It fits with a larger trend. Instant Pot, Sous Vide, smart induction cooktops, hell, even blower fans for charcoal. I think of the Masterbuilt Gravity as a related to pellet cooker... Same concept, just with briquettes.

Whereas once upon a time there were specialty pellet players, you now see Weber, Oklahoma Joe, and now Cuisinart getting into the market. As noted, Kingsford is into pellets now. I expect to see more expansion and more features that come with larger companies. That charcoal tray on that... that's clever...

Comment

• Nate
        Nate commented
        Editing a comment
        It’s a great time to be alive.

• Potkettleblack
        Potkettleblack commented
        Editing a comment
        When your profile picture could be the mascot for the year, maybe less so.

As always, great review. Am curious about ash clean up after using the charcoal tray. If I'm not mistaken, I think Napoleon has a similar insert for their gas grills, which I have the same question, what about the ash? I guess a shop vac is in order.....

Comment

Max Good

Well written review once again!

Comment

• Max Good
          Max Good commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for reading!

Great write up. The charcoal feature is nice. And for $600 it's nicely priced. Interested in real world daily use.

Comment

Not gonna lie...this is kind of intriguing

Comment

had hands on this thing when I saw it at wally world a while back, it's actually a bit more sturdy than the camp chef models I have messed with and I'd even argue that it oddly feels more solid than the weber smokefire. Glad to see it's a capable cooker. Never expected it to be perfect, especially with how many gadgets it comes with, but I'd really like to see a lot of the ideas transfer to other pellet grills in the future (built in storage for racks, etc...)

Comment

$600 wow. Interesting design points.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here