Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Article- How Max Tests & Reviews Grills & Smokers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Article- How Max Tests & Reviews Grills & Smokers

How Max Tests & Reviews Grills & Smokers
    Max Good is the AmazingRibs.com Director of Equipment Reviews and Keeper of the Flame. He is the only person in the world who tests and reviews grills and smoker full time. Click now to discover how he evaluates the hundreds of gas and charcoal grills and smokers crowding the aisles at stores coast to coast.

This new article covers:
    • AmazingRibs.com's product testing policy
    • Research
    • About our award system
    • Assembly
    • What we look for in charcoal grills
    • What we look for in gas grills
    • What we look for in smokers
    • What we do with the food & grills/smokers when testing is complete

Click image for larger version

Name:	red-box-temperature-test.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	306.0 KB
ID:	519807Click image for larger version

Name:	high-temperature-test_0.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	519806Click image for larger version

Name:	img_0622.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	174.7 KB
ID:	519808

Interesting look into how Max works.
    Answering blow back from the Rec Tec Bullseye review?

Comment

Great article. I like that Max Good gives away the food and cookers. As a longtime fireman I can attest that we grill A LOT. It's a simple way to manage meals if you're an emergency responder (most of us feed the cops and drop a care package at the ER's too!). Keep up the great work Max, we all appreciate it.

Comment

• Max Good
        Max Good commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Captain! We appreciate all you Pitmasters and Pitmistresses as well!

Thanks for the article. It not only provides good transparency, it helps me better understand your reviews as well as help all of us learn as to what we can be looking for when we look at a product for ourselves.

Comment

Nice article! I've done a lot of testing on consumer products related to the HVAC industry. It is a very methodical and precice process. It can be fun but it is a lot of hard work. Good job Max, I appreciate everythign you do!

Comment

• Max Good
          Max Good commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks KR!

👍 👍 👍 Max!

Comment

• Max Good
          Max Good commented
          Editing a comment
          Aw shucks. You folks make me blush.

Hey Max Good , really good article but I have one question. What is the page that manufacturers, etc. should link to? It does not say in the article.

SmokingSteve

Attention manufacturers, merchants, ad agencies, and others

If you have a product you want us to review, contact us. Max Good is our full time Grill and Smoker Tester. Bill McGrath, an electrical engineer, is our Thermometer Tester. If you have earned an "AmazingRibs.com Best Value Medal", there is no licensing fee to use copies of the artwork, but you must contact us for permission first. If you need them, high resolution color and black & white versions are also available. If you refer to your medal in publicity or on your website, please call it by its proper name: "The AmazingRibs.com Pitmaster Award For Best Value", "The AmazingRibs.com Best Value Gold Medal", "The AmazingRibs.com Best Value Silver Medal", or "AmazingRibs.com Best Value Bronze Medal". On the internet, you should link to this page.
        Last edited by Jerod Broussard; July 19, 2018, 06:14 PM. Reason: inserted @Max Good

Comment

Excellent Max, Several thoughts as I read your wright up. One was, I bet your family get's tried of hamburger's and wing's, until reading you donate the food. Amem brother. Good job! another was who funds all your hard work? Thank you for your hard work and dedication. You do a great job, as I've read several of your review's before making a purchase in the past. And always believed 100% in what you recommended. MY MAN !

Comment

• EdF
            EdF commented
            Editing a comment
            Yep, most excellent work!

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here