Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sneak Peek: 2 NEW Reviews! - REC TEC Bullseye Pellet Kettle & Tegam 931B Data Logging Thermometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sneak Peek: 2 NEW Reviews! - REC TEC Bullseye Pellet Kettle & Tegam 931B Data Logging Thermometer

You first! Here we'll post news, gear reviews, videos, and recipes that will end up on the free site BEFORE it gets published there! To see all our NEW Recipes & Gear Reviews, visit the Sneak Preview channel here: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...ew-for-members

REC TEC Bullseye Pellet Kettle Grill
    This pellet smoker that looks like a charcoal kettle grill caused a bit of a stir, capturing our attention with the claim that it can smoke and grill for "the best of both worlds." Alas, we are disappointed in REC TEC's Bulleye and cannot recommend it. Click here to find out why.

Click image for larger version

Name:	REC TEC Bullseye.jpg
Views:	1919
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	497931

Tegam 931B Data Logging Thermometer
    See our review of the Tegam 931B Data Logging Thermometer, an industrial grade tool for temperature collection data that we awarded a Gold Medal.

Name:	tegam-931b.jpg
Views:	1592
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	497930

Huskee I get "accessed denied" when clicking on the Bullseye review link. The thermo one works okay.

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      It's new, it may take a few hours (or a day) to show up. Sorry.

• Nightrayne
      Nightrayne commented
      Editing a comment
      Just FYI - As of 3pm CST it is still sending out access denied messages. Will check again in a few hours.

Perfect! My buddy was just asking me if I knew anything about the Bullseye today because he doesn't want to pull the trigger on the full size rectecs. Thanks for the review Huskee !

Comment

Thanx Huskee.

Comment

Access remains denied. Very curious about it, though the footprint is listed as larger than the Grilla.

Comment

I have one, I love it for small cooks. I made a gasket for the hopper lid to cure some back flow.

Comment

Still can not access the RecTec review...

Comment

Junk

Comment

Disappointing given the raves about the 680 and the discontinued mini.

Comment

Yeah, glad I read this before buying one. I had thought it would be a cheap entry into pellet cooking, but without a thermostat, its just TOO cheap! That and the possibility of burn back into the pellet hopper make it a definite "no" for me.

Comment

Big time bummer, I almost convinced my Mom to buy the bullseye in Florida cause its the best of both worlds.

Comment

• JakeT
                      JakeT commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That's it exactly, she has a great built in gasser, and I got her the amazentube for Christmas, so with that combo she can do a solid reverse sear, which is mostly what shell do. If she wants to dive more into smoking shell have to go with a rectec mini or...whats it called? The stampede?

• Potkettleblack
                      Potkettleblack commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Grilla might be a good call, there. Small footprint.

• CandySueQ
                      CandySueQ commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I know I've said this before...Grilla is very versatile. It'll cook low, it'll cook fast. Miserly use of pellet consumption. Up to cooking temp in about 15 minutes. It arrives almost 95% assembled, has a built in dolly to move it easily and has many features that high dollar pellet grills have.

I do agree with Max's review of the Bullseye. I had the backdraft issue too, but to their credit, REC Tec sent me the widget to clamp onto the lid that solves the problem, free of charge. I also had a dead control board out of the box, which they also replaced free. So I've been happy with REC Tec's service. The Bullseye, though, should be around $200 though IMO.

I was an "early adopter". But I've been happy with it, for the most part. It grills nicely for me, quickly comes to temp, and clean up is a snap. I don't like dealing with charcoal, so the pellets are nice. I get great "grill flavor" from it when cooking, burgers, steaks, chicken, and salmon. I haven't used my Weber Genesis since I bought it. But I also have a Camp Chef DLX pellet smoker, which I use for slow and indirect cooks.

And you can do this:

Name:	peppers.jpg
Views:	1548
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	502165

I wonder if I could grill a steak right on this heat plate?

Comment

I love my Rec Tec Trailblazer, and would have considered the Bullseye if only it had the great temp controller of the other Rec Tecs.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here