Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sneak Peek: Best Knife Sharpeners Tested, Rated and Reviewed! by Rick Browne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sneak Peek: Best Knife Sharpeners Tested, Rated and Reviewed! by Rick Browne

You first! Here we'll post news, gear reviews, videos, and recipes that will end up on the free site BEFORE it gets published there! To see all our NEW Recipes & Gear Reviews, visit the Sneak Preview channel here: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...ew-for-members

Best Knife Sharpeners Tested, Rated & Reviewed, by Rick Browne: https://amazingribs.com/ratings-revi...ore/best-knife

Click image for larger version

Name:	knifeandbrick_0.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	206.3 KB
ID:	491974Click image for larger version

Name:	chefs_choice_0.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	163.9 KB
ID:	491975Click image for larger version

Name:	priority_chef_0.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	190.3 KB
ID:	491976Click image for larger version

Name:	vsharpclassic_0.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	175.8 KB
ID:	491977Click image for larger version

Name:	ag_russell_0.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	216.1 KB
ID:	491978Click image for larger version

Name:	bavarian_edge_0.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	150.8 KB
ID:	491979

Oh HECK yeah!!!

Comment

I always like a good review.

Comment

Great review ... thanks!

Comment

Very cool! Much needed. Thanks!

Comment

Thanks Rick

Comment

How does the ag Russel one do serrated blades with round rods? Does it come with something else?

Any consideration for a scissors/shears mode? My knives are always in better shape then my shears.

Comment

I have an older chefs choice, a Wusthof 2 stage pull through, a steel and a lansky sharpening system. I am mediocre at sharpening them. I will still once a year send off to have professionally sharpen, or give to dad KenC52 to hand sharpen. I can do a lot of things, but really sharpen a knife (as opposed to hone one) is NOT one of them.

Comment

It’s about time. Not sure how I got by till today.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Nice review thanks. I’ve had the Chef Mate for about two years. It’s performed very well and worth the money. the only problem is me remembering to sharpen them often enough.

Comment

I think some of my plastic butter knives in the drawer from my last KFC takeout order are sharper than many of my steak & other knives so this is much needed for me.

Comment

Interesting. I just received a email from a forger whom I had make me a kitchen knife set. He has finished them and sent them out should receive them Wednesday or Thursday. He said all I would ever need is a good steel to keep them sharp. He also said that if they ever do need sharpening to send them to him and he will do it for free. He warned against using any of the readily available do it yourself sharpening contraptions. He said if I use one not to let him know about it.

That being said I've used this one with decent results on my Victoronix slicer and boning knife. Doubt if my new ones will ever see it though.

Comment

• EdF
                            EdF commented
                            Editing a comment
                            That's pride of craftsmanship. Nothing wrong with that!

• Obi-Dan
                            Obi-Dan commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Love how he will sharpen his knives forever.

Thanks for the good information Rick.

Comment

I’ve always hated the electrics because they are too aggressive but that one looks like they actually put thought into it.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here