Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sneak Peek: 3 New Recipes- Venison Ribs w/ Coffee Rub, Sous-Vide-Que Butter-Poached Bison Ribeye, Sous-Vide-Que Pork Belly!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sneak Peek: 3 New Recipes- Venison Ribs w/ Coffee Rub, Sous-Vide-Que Butter-Poached Bison Ribeye, Sous-Vide-Que Pork Belly!

Venison Ribs w/ Coffee Dry Rub
    https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...dry-rub-recipe
    Click image for larger version  Name:	smoked-venison-ribs.jpg Views:	1 Size:	50.3 KB ID:	444228

Sous-Vide-Que Butter-Poached Bison Ribeye
    https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...-ribeye-recipe

Click image for larger version  Name:	grilled-bison-ribeye.jpg Views:	1 Size:	51.6 KB ID:	444227

Smoked Sous-Vide-Que Pork Belly
    https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...que-pork-belly
    Click image for larger version  Name:	sous-vide-que-pork-belly.jpg Views:	1 Size:	66.9 KB ID:	444226

Thanks Huskee

Comment

It seems the site has forgotten how to cook anything from start to finish with live fire...

I’m not opposed to SV or trying it but come on... why even do ratings on grills, smokers, etc... but now it just seems like the only 3 reviews the site should have are SV machines, thermometer, and best skillet to sear your food in...

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        As Sous vide Que grows in popularity, we cannot stand by and not include it in the website. Especially, when we have readers and Pit members asking for Sous Vide Que advise. What are we to tell them when they ask for advise? "Go elsewhere.” or "Sorry we don’t do Sous vide Que here, we are live fire only."

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        All we want to do is make BBQ more accessible for more people. We add recipes like the ones above for those that choose to use Sous Vide as apart of their cooking arsenal or are curious about the concept. As jacmac422 mentions, many of these recipes can be done without a circulator.

• Clint Cantwell
        Clint Cantwell commented
        Editing a comment
        No worries, Nate! We are creating tons of new recipes daily, not just for Sous Vide. Stay tuned and always feel free to let me know if you have anything you'd love to see!

I don't mind recepies including SV. Things do change here in this world even ways and methods on how to cook food. SV is just another way of doing it. It's not a substitute to bbq'ing.

Comment

SV recipes here are very slim in number compared to all others, but we're bending with the breezes of modern ways. We have most of the bases covered with traditional live fire, so time to expand another relatively un- or under-tapped branch and be the best we can be to all.

Comment

• Mudkat
          Mudkat commented
          Editing a comment
          Bending in the breeze..... can i use that!

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          Same here Danjohnston949, and Mudkat Absolutely, I'd be honored

• Mudkat
          Mudkat commented
          Editing a comment
          It really sums it up. No fuss. No muss!

Cooking meat in hot water isn’t my thing and yes I have try it. In my humble opinion it doesn’t come close to live fire cooking. For those that rather boil the meat more power to you.

Comment

• Potkettleblack
          Potkettleblack commented
          Editing a comment
          I will not call your stick burned meats burned if you stop calling my SV products boiled.

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          That's excellent Max, can I quote quote you on that??? LMAO

• Potkettleblack
          Potkettleblack commented
          Editing a comment
          Be my guest.

And ahead of the "But my Stickburner BBQ isn't burned" retort, my sous vide products are not boiled.

I am looking forward to trying the Sous Vide Pork Belly. I have some at home as we speak. I bet it will be melt in your mouth good.

Comment

Seeing those Venison Ribs makes me want to go hunting. I missed this season due to injury and moving. Thinking that White Tail Deer in the Black Hills of SD are in deep trouble come Fall....

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            So YOU were the reason there were no nice deer all those years. Actually I live in Clare country but where I hunted in recent years was just into Isabella, the county south of me, I'm near the border. I got an 8 and 10 pt (and a 3), and couple does there.

• PJBowmaster
            PJBowmaster commented
            Editing a comment
            Northern Isabella is better hunting. Buddy of mine has land just south of Dead Man's Swamp. They slay them out there! Where I hunt near Lake George it's not as good. Poor genetics. But tasty deer....

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Dead man's swamp is less than a mile from me, and my old hunting ground is just SE of it by ~5mi. Small world!

I want to make great food, whatever the method! I am kind of stying on the side of live fire, but I appreciate what SV brings to the experience. I have no problem with SV recipes here.

Comment

The brontosaurus only were concerned with plants and BOOM! Where are they now. If SV is boiling food then so is french fries and fried chicken.

I get it though, thus all of the questions about getting smoke into SV'd stuff. It's all good. Whatever makes your boat float men!

i wouldn't kick an SV'd burger out of my house. Because someing is exceptional doesnt invalidate other methods.

I know two two chefs who make fortunes carving ice and the other carving fruit. Are they not worthy, talented or great cooks with fantastic free travel? Oh yes they are.

There are slaw recipes, sausage recipes, Mac n cheese, seasoning and mashed taters too. SV is likely here to stay and is not for everyone. Neither is lamb.

My 1.25 cents worth.

Comment

• Danjohnston949
              Danjohnston949 commented
              Editing a comment
              HH, Is That Price Firm or Can We Negotiate ❓❓ 🤗😇🤗 Dan

• HouseHomey
              HouseHomey commented
              Editing a comment
              Danjohnston949 Caveot Emptor.

• Troutman
              Troutman commented
              Editing a comment
              ....but I like lamb ....

So... man... I hate being this guy.

Butter in sous vide is not great for red meat. Sous vide is extractive, the recipe pitches the purge, so a thin coat of butter versus the superior flavor of naked sous vide... nope. I can thin coat with ghee after processing, and get the best of both worlds. Or I can use the buttery purge as a sauce to help the lean buffalo. The Sous Vide Everything morons did the butter experiment that everyone told them to do, and came to the conclusion that butter doesn't make sous vide better. It's good in the bag with shellfish and vegetables, as those are more permeable.

Comment

The minute I saw those recipes I figured a fire storm would ensue. I absolutley love to cook meat over fire, smoke, open flame, pellets, propane, charcoal, lump charcoal, natural gas, electricity AND YES sous vide!! When I first started doing the technique, my wife kept saying how rediculous it seemed when it took me days to cook some brisket UNTIL the moment she tried MEDIUM RARE brisket for the first time. Now she's talking about all kinds of ways to sous-vide-que all types of meat.

I really appreciate the belly recipe, I have one that I was thinking of cooking here soon. I may try it and post the result. As Spinaker told me one time when I commented on SPAM, "haters are gonna hate". But for those who want to cook over fire only, just ignore SVQ, the rest of us are interested.

Comment

Sorry folks but I’m old school and always will be. I will always do traditional bbq.

Comment

• Huskee
                  Huskee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Potkettleblack there's no need to insult and cast names around like "hater". Everyone can voice their opinion w/o being insulted. Play nice.

• HouseHomey
                  HouseHomey commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I don't think I've seen DW ever be anything but sure and pretty easy going. Now me, I can get excitable. Hey DDubbs I would likely travel a ways for a bit of your food.

• DWCowles
                  DWCowles commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks HouseHomey I’m not big on name calling especially on a respectful forum as AR. And I’m definitely not going to lowered myself to their standards.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	291
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	444728Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	273
Size:	196.1 KB
ID:	444729

These Two Sh-t Bird Mutts Don't Hunt❗️ Nor Do They Care How or "If" It Was Cooked❓
                From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• PJBowmaster
                  PJBowmaster commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Dan your comment reminded me of something my buddy always says. He has Beagles and hunts Rabbits. He always says there are two kinds of dogs. Hunting dogs and shit eaters.....LOL

• Danjohnston949
                  Danjohnston949 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  @BJBowmaster, Your Buddy is Well Schooled in the Ways of Dog's‼️
                  Have a Great Day‼️ 🤗😇🤗 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 Dan

• bardsleyque
                  bardsleyque commented
                  Editing a comment
                  you're not gonna sous- vide the "sh-t bird mutts are you?

I am going to start the Pork belly recipe tonight. I will post the results here when I am finished. Should be a tasty endeavor.

Comment

• Troutman
                  Troutman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Same here, only thing I’m disappointed in is the fact that you beat me to the punch!! I think I’ll modify mine and make pig candy after the bath. Results to be forthcoming ....

• Spinaker
                  Spinaker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ooooo, that is tempting for next time. I like to start with the base recipe, then experiment from there. Looking forward to seeing your results too! Troutman

• EdF
                  EdF commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I've done pork bellies a lot of different ways, nearly all of which I've loved. The SVQ approach is on the horizon. And if someone is a strong advocate of a way of doing things, God bless 'em. It's not my business!

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here