Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sneak Peek: NEW REVIEW - "UMAi Dry" Steak Dry Aging Bags, By Rick Gresh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sneak Peek: NEW REVIEW - "UMAi Dry" Steak Dry Aging Bags, By Rick Gresh

You first! Here we'll post news, gear reviews, videos, and recipes that are freshly published on the public site before getting advertised there! To see all our NEW Recipes & Gear Reviews, visit the Sneak Preview channel here: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...ew-for-members

"UMAi Dry" Steak Dry Aging Bags, by Rick Gresh
    LINK:https://amazingribs.com/ratings-reviews/umai-dry-bags/

Dry aged steaks are gaining popularity coast-to-coast. Dry aging makes beef develop a distinct, appealing, and interesting flavor but equipment for doing it at home can be expensive. That's why UMAi Dry's affordable dry aging bags are popular.​ UMAi Dry is not a vacuum bag, it’s a membrane that allows for both oxygen and moisture exchange. See the full review including our taste test, final thoughts, and rating at the link above.

Click image for larger version

Name:	umai-dry-ribeye-striploin-bags-800x533.jpg.png
Views:	379
Size:	564.8 KB
ID:	1368538 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-01-25 at 3.05.30 PM.png
Views:	281
Size:	1,017.3 KB
ID:	1368539

Outstanding. Definitely matches up with my experience and thank you for listening to my feedback!

Comment

Great review, Rick. Thank you.

Comment

Man I could write this review. I bet I have done at least 20 primal in them. I go commando typically now, but still. Glad they are getting some love.

Comment

Fun review!!!! For those that may have some interest in these after reading, not only can you do primals for dry aged steak….

check out the posts for the charcuterie I’ve done with Umai. I think that is where Umai Dry Bags really come out to play! The steaks are great but to be able to make charcuterie at home…it’s an experience like no other!

Comment

I have used these for primals and I plan to branch out into charcuterie soon. I highly recommend them. Thanks for the review.

Now, if only Creekstone Farms had as good of a sale as last January.

Comment

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              I too am waiting on a better full loin sale.

Originally posted by barelfly View Post
            Fun review!!!! For those that may have some interest in these after reading, not only can you do primals for dry aged steak….

check out the posts for the charcuterie I’ve done with Umai. I think that is where Umai Dry Bags really come out to play! The steaks are great but to be able to make charcuterie at home…it’s an experience like no other!
            I've never made homemade charcuterie. Is it better quality / tastier than store bought?

Comment

• barelfly
              barelfly commented
              Editing a comment
              First and foremost - the process of making your own charcuterie is just so cool! As for a taste test, we didn’t do any comparisons, but I will say it was really good. Worth the effort, which, really isn’t that much considering you wait more than anything. Pretty cool to be able to serve up a charcuterie board to friends and say you made it.

One that I really do think was top notch, the finochionna was dynamite with the fennel and red wine. I don’t recall having anything like that one!

• barelfly
              barelfly commented
              Editing a comment
              I highly suggest you give it a try at least once if you are interested in this. It was a fun process that I got to share with my good friend that I won’t ever forget!

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here