Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sneak Peek: NEW Recipe - Pecan Praline Crusted Bacon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sneak Peek: NEW Recipe - Pecan Praline Crusted Bacon

There is something magical about the merger of sweet and salty in this recipe for pecan praline-crusted thick-cut bacon.

Get an advance peek by visiting https://amazingribs.com/grilled-pecan-praline-bacon/.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_188612.png
Views:	5233
Size:	615.4 KB
ID:	1292886

I want it! That looks AMAZING!

Comment

Apparently, AR doesn't know how much weight I've put on since retirement... or they don't care... I love this, I want this, I need this!

Comment

• mrichie1229
        mrichie1229 commented
        Editing a comment
        Amen!

Gobsmacked!! I can’t do this before tomorrow morning.

Comment

Huskee - Ya need to fix the like button. I can only like this once, and I need to like it at least a bazillion times.

Comment

Originally posted by RonB View Post
          Huskee - Ya need to fix the like button. I can only like this once, and I need to like it at least a bazillion times.
          Ha! I'm glad you like it (and like it, and like it, and...).

Comment

Clint gets an honorary B.S.B. (Bachelor of Science in Baconology) Degree. Outstanding recipe!

Comment

My favorite ice cream & you do it to bacon!
              I must meditate on this awhile.

Comment

• hoovarmin
                hoovarmin commented
                Editing a comment
                My favorite ice cream as well

There’s a restaurant here in Portland area that has something like this on their menu as an appetizer, it’s awesome. I will definitely add this to my try list.

Comment

Oh my. I need to make some bacon just so I can do this.

Comment

That does look good. But does not fit into my healthy eating lifestyle!

Comment

Decided to make this today. Made 3 batches and nailed it on my final batch. The first two batches were good but the last batch was great.

Got some local dry cured bacon Saturday and it was perfect for this recipe.

Name:	D80887D2-4631-4C72-91EE-B8385210DF90.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	292.6 KB
ID:	1295970

Added the corn syrup, brown sugar, vanilla and butter to the pan and cooked about 5 minutes.

Name:	8655D3E4-A06F-4118-B7B9-117A4CE3FD13.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	192.4 KB
ID:	1295964

Name:	9880A0E4-DB4F-4690-9BCC-AD31E4219F4A.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	223.6 KB
ID:	1295965

Next I glazed the bacon

Name:	5E71AC80-1254-4152-B144-0B95BF12B224.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	292.8 KB
ID:	1295971

I had hand chopped the pecans earlier and sprinkled them on the glazed bacon.

Name:	A1FCC9B4-98C9-47ED-8B03-AADCDD11AD6D.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	315.6 KB
ID:	1295968

Name:	DAFECAD1-35D4-4614-924E-F2D4DBC7312B.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	324.3 KB
ID:	1295969

Figured out that I needed my OG set at 375° and on they went.

Name:	F2DE8295-E791-41E6-BF72-B5487C39E83F.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	246.0 KB
ID:	1295967

After 40 minutes…..yum!

Name:	0F7C22F7-00D7-4489-AFF8-0FD2AD1CF17D.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	309.7 KB
ID:	1295966

Comment

Here are some things I experienced during my cook.

The first batch I tried at 350° and it took forever for the bacon to crisp up. I had a better result setting my Grilla OG to 375°.

It also took 40 minutes total on the smoker for me and I rotated the pan every 10 minutes for even cooking.

There was caramel left after each batch so I just poured it out on some parchment paper, then added some nuts to it and put it in the fridge to set up.

Comment

• efincoop
                        efincoop commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks for sharing your experience!

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here