Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sneak Peek: NEW Recipe - Griddle Grilled Philly Cheesesteak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sneak Peek: NEW Recipe - Griddle Grilled Philly Cheesesteak

You first! Here we'll post news, gear reviews, videos, and recipes that are freshly published on the public site before getting advertised there! To see all our NEW Recipes & Gear Reviews, visit the Sneak Preview channel here: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...ew-for-members

Griddle Grilled Philly Cheesesteak Recipe, by Paul Sidoriak
    Link: https://amazingribs.com/cheesesteak-recipe/

When it comes to griddle grilling, there is no better expert than BBQ and grilling luminary, Paul Sidoriak. In fact, his The Flippin’ Awesome Backyard Griddle Cookbook is the first comprehensive book dedicated to the art of cooking with a griddle on the grill. In it, Paul offers up countless mouthwatering recipes but there is arguably one king of the griddle-grilling experience — the Philly cheesesteak hoagie.

Click image for larger version  Name:	chopped-cheese-sandwich-e1649892021288.png Views:	40 Size:	538.6 KB ID:	1212475

That philly cheese looks perfect. Just might purchase this book. Looks good.

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      It's a great book. I bought it a couple years ago when I was sure I was getting a griddle. Still no griddle.

No link to the recipe.

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Oops! Sorry, fixed.

As a lifelong denizen of the Philly area, I'm befuddled as to why the rest of the world has this crazy notion that a "Philly" cheesesteak has bell peppers on it. 🤷‍♂️
    I don't know a single person, or any steak shops, that put bell peppers on their steak. Hot peppers sometimes, or maybe sweet peppers, but never ever bell peppers.

Comment

• Finster
      Finster commented
      Editing a comment
      Tourist traps use whiz...
      Most neighborhood steak shops would throw you out if you asked for whiz....lol
      I've never had one with whiz...homemade or otherwise

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      In my neck of the woods ALL "Philly" cheesesteak recipes, including such named pizzas & such, have shaved beef, white cheese (typically provolone or maybe white American) and sliced green pepper. That's just how it is some places. [shrug]

• Potkettleblack
      Potkettleblack commented
      Editing a comment
      I'd note that Huskee's neck of the woods is half the country away from Philadelphia.
      I see that green pepper in it at Chicago joints, but that doesn't make it right.

I got the Flippin Awesome book and it is indeed flippin awesome.

but… how does he have a whole recipe about "fried ravioli" without mentioning St Louis at all, when he’s pretty good about origins for things otherwise… the #ChoppedCheese was a big winner on Sunday.

Comment

Oooh. Thanks for the heads up on this cookbook. Looks great. Thank you 🙏

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	0C0D7393-8968-4D57-A72E-B010CBFA2BFC.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	210.6 KB
ID:	1212692 Click image for larger version

Name:	1CAF4345-3C54-44A1-97D6-72CD970FFDDD.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	1212691

Recipe looks legit. Whenever we go to Philly we like to try different cheesesteaks. This was one of my faves - when we went to see Saint Peter’s in the Sweet 16. That’s JCBBQ Jr chowing down

Comment

Not a Philly Cheesesteak but also done with shaved ribeye. My favorite sub of all time. The Western NY AJs Steak Sub.

Click image for larger version

Name:	413B6E8D-E988-4053-9B10-80BF974C63BD.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	130.4 KB
ID:	1212704

It’s shaved ribeye w/grilled onions on a hoagie roll with provolone, lettuce, tomato and banana peppers. With a touch of Mayo hidden under the cheese and a gentle splash of oil, vinegar and seasoning sprinkled on the vegetables.

I’d love to make this at home but my knife skills are lacking and I can never get the ribeye cut thin enough. Any suggestions.

Comment

• Joey877
            Joey877 commented
            Editing a comment
            Meat slicer. Mine crapped out and I need to replace it, but that's how I've always done Phillies.

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            I'd tear that up, sans lettuce though.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here