Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taco Chronicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taco Chronicles

Barbecue, in all its various forms, has always interested me both from a cooking and an eating standpoint. Given that one of my main passions is the humble taco, streetfood extraordinaire. Down in Mexico it is everyone's favorite, and like our hamburger it's literally found in formal restaurants, food trucks and common street vendors.

If you have Netflix and have a chance, catch the series called Taco Chronicles. This 6 part mini-series covers the 6 regional tacos that are revered in various part of Mexico from al Pastor, to Carnitas, to Canasta, to Asada, to Barbacoa and finally Guisado. Catch this series if you can, I really enjoyed it.

Bringing it back from Mexico....Trout is out !!!

Many of the most popular taco styles have long, rich, little-known histories. Explore some of them in this eye-opening, mouth-watering food adventure.

Will do. I recently discovered Chicken Tinga, and am heading for some of those tacos for lunch.

Comment

• FishTalesNC
      FishTalesNC commented
      Editing a comment
      Chicken tinga is gooooood... we roll over to Chubbys Tacos in Durham for those, just killer.

I'll be looking for it. A good taco is a thing of beauty.

Comment

It's a good series. Fortunately, it's short enough that I was able to watch it twice ... once to read the subtitles and again to watch the video while a combination of my lousy Spanish and a vague recollection of each episode proved enough to get me through it.

Comment

Taco's, another thing this God forsaken country is sadly lacking....

Comment

• gcdmd
          gcdmd commented
          Editing a comment
          That sounds like fertile ground for some entrepreneur, who could be a Canadian Col. Sanders.

• smokin fool
          smokin fool commented
          Editing a comment
          Its not like there's absolutely nothing up here but when they make you meal with caulking guns, I'm out...
          I guess my problem in the long run is after numerous trips to Texas and reveling in the Mexican food there the crap they pass off up here just doesn't make the cut....I'm spoiled!!!!

Been watching a couple of the series. Now most likely well finish tonight. Thanks for the reminder.

Comment

I Just watched this the other night. Very enjoyable and highly recommended. "Street Food" is very good also, as is "Flavorful Origins".

Comment

Costilla tacos from Sonoratown are the stuff of dreams. LOL
            Ive not been to Guerrilla Tacos yet...but it’s on the list.

KPCC (Local NPR station) did a segment on this several days back...it was pretty much this article in radio form.
            Javier Cabral has one of the best gigs on the planet. Here's how he went from anxiety-ridden teen to associate producer on the Netflix series.

Comment

Thanks for the review! Really enjoying the series.

Comment

Sounds awesome. When I get back to civilization I'll check it out.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here