Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

book I just read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

book I just read

I just read The Gourmet Butcher's Guide to Meat: How to Source it Ethically, Cut it Professionally, and Prepare it Properly. great book if you want to increase your knowledge of Meat and how it is prepped.

Oh gawd! I can't even bring myself to look at it on Amazon--I don't need to find out that there's another down-home or cooking skill I need to learn--and get hooked on.

Comment

I know what you mean, I am now looking for a local way to source my meat after reading this book. it makes me want to try my hand at making my own cuts. it comes with a CD on how to make each cut I plan of watching that next now that I have gotten thought the meat of the book.

Comment

Just had to get this book, MCS attack, so they actually had a seller on Amazon that had it for half price new. Will sneak a peak at this and then give it for Gift. Thanks for the review and info.

Comment

OK - I am already in trouble with my wife because the majority of the garage is my gym. She has only 1/4 of it for herself (she is the gardener and the handy woman). I have proposed forever that we put a small freezer in the garage but it would have to go in her section. Now I look at your suggestion about buying this book. I already see a butchering table, an industrial fridge and freezer in her section of the garage. You all just love getting me in trouble, don't you! HA!

Comment

I agree with Willy. I appreciate your post but MCS is messing with me right now... Ok maybe I'll have a little peek...... Amazon you say....

Comment

• Steve Vojtek
              Steve Vojtek commented
              Editing a comment
              You know when you scroll down in the Amazon link there's even more books...!!!! I'm outta here...

I just bought it myself, based on the reco and the review, etc. But then, a book doesn't take much space. What you do with it could.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here