Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Man fire food

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man fire food

Have been home sick the last 3 days, so have been binge watching a few shows, one of which is Man, Fire, Food.
    a few random thoughts...

1. There are some really cool ways that people build fires for cooking.
    it was interesting to see that more than a few people use pallets as starter wood for large fires.
    2. A number of BBQ places he visited insist on using green wood for their fires, which goes against anything I was ever told. A few burned them all the way down to coals before using them, other just as logs.
    3. A number of these places smoke their pork with no seasoning at all. Not even salt and pepper. Found that a bit curious.

Anyone else a fan of this show?
    I'm fascinated by the many different styles of open fire cooking there are. Especially the ones that have been around for generations and genarations...

I like Roger as a host, and I like how the vibe of the show is like a mash up of Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives mixed with Dirty Jobs. He does go to some pretty unique places and some of them have some against the norm methods. Sometimes simple is best, but I suspect like forcing the popularity of "fall of the bone" ribs, sometimes simple plus a marketing hook is just to cut costs.

Comment

Yes I think I have seen every episode at least twice. Great show. Some of the methods are really out there.

Comment

Ive always enjoyed his show. Use to watch it regularly when we had satellite but I haven’t checked to see if there’s another way to watch the series.

will have to poke around and see if I can find it.

Comment

• Finster
          Finster commented
          Editing a comment
          I've been streaming it on Discovery+

I am a fan of the show. I like seeing the variety of ways BBQ is made in different places.

I have been to a couple of places that do not season their pork butts until after they are pulled and you would never know it when trying the finished product.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here