Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sausage cookbook question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sausage cookbook question

Any suggestions for a good sausage making recipe book? There are a ton out there, which makes it hard to choose. Thanks!

These Duncan Henry Videos were helpful for me. https://www.dhcustomsausage.com/

Comment

• bmcguire
      bmcguire commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!

This book has been a joy both to work with and read. Covers sausages, but also gets into salt cured and dry cured foods. It has been really fun and the cured foods have been easy to work with. I have a few posts on here about charcuterie that came from this book, and I used Umai Dry charcuterie bags.

Comment

• bmcguire
      bmcguire commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!

This is my go to.

Linkola

Comment

• STEbbq
      STEbbq commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup. This is what I would have recommended.

• bmcguire
      bmcguire commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!

Not a book but a site with lots of recipes and advice. https://www.meatsandsausages.com/sausage-recipes

Comment

• bmcguire
      bmcguire commented
      Editing a comment
      Great website!

Here are a couple that are supposed to be pretty authoritative :

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B09B995N9K/?coliid=I3DCJ0R6DWR7I9&colid=2HK3OYGPLE6GM&psc=0&r ef_=lv_ov_lig_dp_ii

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/1616081287/?coliid=I3EK90MGH4DIC5&colid=2HK3OYGPLE6GM&psc=1&r ef_=lv_ov_lig_dp_ii

Comment

• bmcguire
      bmcguire commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks

I have the book barelfly recommends, and love it. You can see by my string of post-it flags, I have the next several projects planned already. I also use Umai bags, but my next projects are (in no particular order) Chicken Sausage with Basil and Tomatoes, Bresaola, Pork Confit, and Jim Drohman's Pork Belly Confit! Click image for larger version

Name:	Charcuterie.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	1347062

Comment

• barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      Have you tried the shrimp sausage that is in the book?

• bmcguire
      bmcguire commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks!

• acorgihouse
      acorgihouse commented
      Editing a comment
      barelfly, no I haven't. It is on my list, just hasn't made it to the short list yet! I love shrimp, handy since we're on the gulf here, so maybe I'll just move to my NY menu! If you mean the shrimp, lobster and leeks sausage? page 146-7, it would be perfect for NY. I'm making the last trip to produce market tomorrow on my way home, and I think I even have lobster in the freezer. Not sure about what casings I have on hand, but I can monkey with that. Will report back!
      Last edited by acorgihouse; December 20, 2022, 03:16 PM.

For recipes, try this one:

500+ sausage recipes indexed by a-z, by country, and by type (fresh, smoked, cooked, etc)

Same author (Stan Marianski) has a book of 1001 recipes, but I don't have it, so can't speak to it.

Comment

• bmcguire
      bmcguire commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here