Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to cook an Ostrich!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to cook an Ostrich!

Well, now I have seen grilling through a new lense!

Where I grew up there was a huge push for alternative meat so they were trying to push ostrich, emu, and even camel. None of it really took off other than ostrich/emu burgers and eggs at some places. They do still have ostrich chariot races every year at the date festival though.

Comment

Goes to show that you can grill anything and make a feast out of it. I guess in the end you could say this was just another yardbird? And those two guys can really chug the wine!

Comment

• Alphonse
        Alphonse commented
        Editing a comment
        They sure don't sip it do they? There's some ritual of slinging the last drop out on the ground by the one gent.

Early 90's in southwest Louisiana, Ostrich and Emu craze. Lotta people lost mucho $$$$ investing in that circus.

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
        ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
        Editing a comment
        it was SoCal in the mid-80's, musta moved East after it failed lol

I’ve tried ostrich before, not bad. Tastes kinda like duck billed platypus.

Comment

• ofelles
        ofelles commented
        Editing a comment
        I bet it's great with your Clam Chowder also.

I've watch the guy with the bandage before. Lots of fun at that house.

Comment

• Alphonse
        Alphonse commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, he is all about cooking. I watched them cook a bison on one of the YouTubes. BTW, his finger was still bandaged. He must have cut it badly making the Ostrich cook video!

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        "Honey. I'm going down to Safeway. Need me to pick something up?"

"Yes, dear. Pick up an Ostrich for dinner please."

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Again? We just had ostrich last week.

I grill ostrich steaks (fillet and rump), ostrich burger patties and use a fair amount of ostrich minced meat.
      Ostrich biltong is great.
      Never eaten the egg though.
      Did have a ride on an ostrich some twenty years back.

Comment

Lol you gotta love these guys. Pulls out a vat of red wine then they chug a glass filled to the absolute brim. Hilarious

Comment

I call the drum stick!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	F7824B5F-AF08-41C0-BD96-A8E61A18267D.jpeg
Views:	231
Size:	7.4 KB
ID:	1009562

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here