Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fun Time Game Day Food

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fun Time Game Day Food

Stumbled on this. Dropped in Paprika. Hope I remember it's there. Looks good, fun and different. It came from a FBn feed. I'm not sure you need it. But go to Food and Wine website. I'm sure you can dial it up there.

I'm a fan.

Growing up in the 60's in Oklahoma, Frito chili pie was something I encountered from very early on. Back then, it was almost always encountered as a casserole. I'm pretty sure that I often gravitated toward it at church potlucks, because at least most of the time, it would be one of the choices most likely to actually have

Comment

• RichieB
      RichieB commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, thanks for this. The only drawback yours isn't served in the Frito bag. The people I hangout with the Frito bag is a step up. 😁

Here's my recipe for the right chili sauce for this. (Also chili dogs, burgers, mac 'n' cheese, pasta because you're drunk, etc.)

Comment

• RichieB
      RichieB commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. There's a Frito Pie thread? I'm not part of the in crowd. Again I think no matter what, served in the bag is a must. I do like this for chili dogs. A fall thing.

• mnavarre
      mnavarre commented
      Editing a comment
      It's the link Jim posted above.

Haha, I worked in a jail once, for a couple years. This was well known "canteen food", not sure is worth getting arrested for, but a good "free" snack.

Comment

Growing up this was on my elementary school's weekly lunch menu, on Tuesdays, if I remember right. (Hey, it was the early 80s....healthy eating hadn't gotten to school cafeterias just yet lol.)

Comment

(Ack, ghost thread....didn't realize that!)

But I noticed the Food and Wine recipe had just one review and that review gave it just one star. How could anyone mess up, let alone hate, frito pie?

I scrolled down to find out:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-12-26 at 12.51.59 PM.png
Views:	143
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	1351038
        Oh, be still my heart! A true Texan.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here